I try hard not to judge others

by Found Sheep 37 Replies latest jw friends

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

the transformation that occurs is amazing, isn't it? I was homophobic before I began thinking for myself. And I realized that "apostates" aren't the dimented and twisted antichrists the borg plays them to be.....rather they are just individuals that are tired of being controlled and lied to.

• ShadesofGrey
    ShadesofGrey

I got back to my car and it caught my attention that I have changed, for real.
    It is amazing!
  • Giordano
    Giordano

Found Sheep or anyone else if your near Huntington W Va, check out my wife's one person show at the Huntington Museum of Art.

From pioneer to an artist, talk about becoming a new person. She also has a book out which is on line and free...... it's about growing up in a WV Coal Camp. P.M. me if your interested and you can look it up and see her show.

And yes she and her brothers and sisters would go to the Dump to shop. Thats reflected in her found item sulpture.

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

I may be a bit slow, but what is the value of the deer oil? Maybe to a little flavor to some vegetables or rice?

Years ago when I'd see them I'd be scared and not look at them.

I think the idea you are trying to convey here is that you treated them with kindness and dignity, whereas you might not have in the past. Do not look at fear as a bad thing, though. It is not shameful to be fearful of people at times. I believe fear is what "nature" gave us for self-preservation. You don't want to show fear by not looking people in the eye though. That just labels you as being a perfect victim.

Be careful going to the dump like that. Your description of that trio tells me they have fallen on some really hard times. Just remember that desperate people are often driven to do desperate things. Be safe.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

You still judge (if you're human and smart), you just judge more accurately. And yeah, being able to judge situations and people more in line with reality (which means MUCH less negative judgement and much more nuetral or positive judgement) is one of the best and, dare I say, edifying , things about being worldly.

(and in the real world "worldly" has only positive conotations).

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Nice story Foundsheep. I remember when I had a moment like this. There was this homeless woman that would wander the streets and pick through trash. I had a habit of not seeing them anymore, but I looked at her and caught her eye. I tried to talk some, but she was disturbed and quickly turned away. The next trash day, I put a nice blanket on top of the trash. I watched to make sure noone else got it, so I saw her come along. I could see it was a real treasure to her. It was really cold here too.

NC

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Most people who leave the JWS usually increase their general sense of compassion toward humanity.

The WTS. creates people to be hateful, disrespectful, apathetic as well arrogant which really does nothing for humanity to its end.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

Oh this is too funny Serenity!!!! I didn't catch that! I don't put food on the top for them. I put food (always something nasty like deer oil) to prevent them from going thru my stuff!!! If I have something I think someone could use there is an area for that and I donate

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

I'm careful!!! yes I know bad people do bad things there were others around.... just more normal looking so didn't add them to the seen

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

my point was i was nice to them but I don't encourage dumpser diving

We had a family 5 kids that did it but the kids were taken away after the damage was done...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit