"Why Love Never Fails"....Giving the talk tonight. Help?

by stillstuckcruz 23 Replies latest watchtower bible

• mariemcg
    mariemcg

I thought it was quite good..

• stillstuckcruz
    stillstuckcruz

@sd-7: I was about 2/3 through my talk when I saw your outline. I stole your intro and conclusion and fused it to make one conlusion:

Jesus said that “the love of the greater number would cool off”. As part of his sign of the conclusion of the systems of things, Jesus Christ stated those words to his apostles not long before his death. At no time in human history have Jesus' words proven more true. This world shows "no natural affection". Marriages end in divorce; parents abuse their children; children neglect their parents. The sad state of Satan's world is in large part due to a lack of love.

But despite the lack of love that pervades this world, with the love of Jehovah God through Christ Jesus, we can be confident that we will never fail to live up to our name as Jehovah's people today. May we carefully meditate on this precious quality of love, as we joyously look forward to the day when the God of love, Jehovah, will establish his righteous Kingdom on the earth, thus ensuring for all time that love will never fail.

---->I also stole a few sentences in between. Very good despite your "rustiness". lol.

@sir82: I would love to go out with a bang like that. But I'm too chicken to do so.

• agent zero
    agent zero

what a coincidence that this thread exists! i need this outline too!

• sd-7
    sd-7

Hey, that's great! That means those at the meeting were just fed by an apostate and will never know it! Ha ha ha haaaa!!

--sd-7

• Cinciguy74
    Cinciguy74

Show how Christ was Loving and kind. Show how Matthew 12 ties in with his love of mankind, how showing mercy over sacrifice is an act of love.

Talk about how love builds up those around them, never tears down.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

How'd it go?

• Franklin Massey
    Franklin Massey

Any ideas on how this talk could be used to open JW minds? Nothing as obvious Sir82's post, although it was spot on.

Also, no offense to the suggestions mentioned above but when terms like "loveless world" and debbie downer statistics are used, it just encourages JWs to hide in mother's shadow.

How could the subject of love be used to broaden horizons?

• sinis
    sinis

Call in sick!!!!!!!!!!

• Miles3
    Miles3

A fading sister I know manages to turn her talk right all the time. Instead of "God's people" and other, it's "Jehovah's Witness", "The Watchtower", etc...

One of her talk was about the signs of the last days. She told the study how life expectancy had grown so much in the last century, and the progress of medecine and all. Always the truth, nothing but the truth, but said with a smile, calmly and with the Bible open. Didn't get into any kind of trouble yet, thing is the elders have far more important stuff to think about than listen to a "sister's talk" (or a "simple publisher's talk" FWIW). And the sisters seem to appreciate, I guess more than a few have found disturbing the increasing discrepancy between the Borg and reality.

For this talk, there'd have been plenty of stuff you could have shown going against these principles in the Borg, just without attributing them to the Borg, and with a brush broad enough that they could have been taken as a criticism of the false religion. Like all those harsh and crual rules, etc... The Borg is like other cults, you can talk against what the Mormons do and let those not too much into the Kool-Aid realise that it's the same in the Borg. Their mind will brush the silly idea, but it's another push in the right direction.

When one is sick about feeling like sh*t all the time at the meetings, and sad that they're not doing more to help others, that"s a good way to feel better. I use it in conversations, and it's fascinating to look at somebody's face, watch what you said sink in, then the realisation of what it implies - "did he really mean what I think he meant?" - and finally the brushing off that inevitably ensues "of course not, silly me, he's a nice and spiritual brother, I'm the one that need to adjust my thinking". They look puzzled the whole meeting though, because they've just realised something doesn't add up in the Borg.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Has anyone thought about writing uplifting talks for meetings about three days in advance and then post them on JWN. By uplifting talks, I mean talks that would subliminanlly show JWs another point of view that is contrary to the WTBTS' propaganda. Visitors to the JWN might than use those talks to give in their KH.

Blondie's comments about talks is great, but it doesn't necessarily show an easy way to write an uplifting talk.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit