"Why Love Never Fails"....Giving the talk tonight. Help?

by stillstuckcruz 23 Replies latest watchtower bible

• stillstuckcruz
    stillstuckcruz

Jeez....I if this was about two years ago, I could have put this talk togather lickety split. But I'm finding it impossible because I can't bring myself to put in phrases such as "God's true people", "love motivates us to....." , etc, etc. Every sentence I add, I just want to throw up because it's all such...pish posh and falsehoods and hypocrisy. This is what I get for procrastinating. Can anyone help me out here?

The title is simple "Why love never fails". (1 cor 13:8)(1 John 4:8)

(1 Corinthians 13:4-8) Love is long-suffering and kind. Love is not jealous, it does not brag, does not get puffed up, 5 does not behave indecently, does not look for its own interests, does not become provoked. It does not keep account of the injury. 6 It does not rejoice over unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth. 7 It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. 8 (a part)Love never fails. But whether there are [gifts of] prophesying, they will be done away with; whether there are tongues, they will cease; whether there is knowledge, it will be done away with.

(1 John 4:8) He that does not love has not come to know God, because God is love.

I only have one paragraph so far. The first scripture and two whole sentences. 6 more hours till showtime...

• blondie
    blondie

Love is an ACTIVE expression, doing something, it isn't just meaningless words.

ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS.

1 John 3:18

New International Version (NIV)

Dear children, let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth.

James 2:15-16

New International Version (NIV)

15 Suppose a brother or a sister is without clothes and daily food. 16 If one of you says to them, “Go in peace; keep warm and well fed,” but does nothing about their physical needs, what good is it?

• clarity
    clarity

Brothers, if our Br & Sis become down hearted by bla bla....................

Do we avoid them, talk about them behind their backs or do we quickley go to them, assisting them with what ever they need.

Sincerely supporting them as a good friend would? Or brothers do we just pull a canned sermon out of our asses cases and repeat it by rote ?

Love never fails brothers ........ but you sure the he$$ do!

- how's that?

clarity

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Leave out the falsehoods and hypocrisy. - talk about the scriptures alone , stick to the principles urge eveyone to really do it , not just talk about it , God judges us on the love we show.......

The TMS O/seer might say you are off the exact theme - but so what?

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

Love is the identifying mark of true christians. If you do not show love to your spiritual brothers or fellow man you are not a true christian. Christ cannot fault you for showing love.

Men can, and do, however...

• mariemcg
    mariemcg

The greek word for divine love is agape- brotherly love is philia, i think there are 2 others. most important is the divine love that difines christians..

• sd-7
    sd-7

Why Love Never Fails

"The love of the greater number will cool off." As part of his sign of the conclusion of the systems of things, Jesus Christ uttered those words to his faithful apostles not long before his death. At no time in human history have Jesus' words proven more true. This wicked world shows "no natural affection". Marriages end in divorce; parents abuse their children; children neglect their aging parents. The sad state of Satan's world is in large part due to a lack of love.

Christians today, however, recognize that "love never fails". Love enables us to remain united despite being in a loveless world. True as this is, why is love so powerful? Why can it be said that love never fails?

The apostle Paul, under inspiration by holy spirit, wrote these words at 1 Corinthians 13:4-8. Let's read them together. 1 Corinthians 13:4-8 [Read]. Showing love requires us to avoid the unchristian attitudes common in the world today, and thus imitate our Heavenly Father, Jehovah God. Is it not reasonable to conclude that such a quality will grant us much success in our dealings with others?

1 John 4:8 shows us another reason why love never fails. Let's read it together, 1 John, chapter 4, and verse 8. [Read.] Love never fails, quite simply, because God is the embodiment of love. In everything he does, Jehovah God never fails to accomplish his purposes. Because love is his dominant quality, he enables us to walk in straight paths and endure life's challenges. Thus, with his love, we as Christians are encouraged and strengthened to love one another, thus building up our brotherhood. It is an endearing and uplifting quality we would do well to cultivate.

Another reason why love never fails is because it is the quality Jesus said would identify his true followers. Let's look at John 13:35: [Read]. Yes, our Master, Jesus Christ, who showed us the greatest love in laying down his life for our sins, set the example for us. It was his unfailing loyalty to Jehovah's name, coupled with his deep love for mankind, that enabled him to succeed in his life and ministry on earth. As a result, he now reigns in heaven, having left a perfect example for us to follow. We would do well to ponder the example of Jesus and consider how we might best follow him and walk the way of love.

Yes, we do live in a loveless world. But with the love of Jehovah God through Christ Jesus, we can be confident that we will never fail to live up to our name as Jehovah's people today. May we carefully meditate on this precious quality of love, as we joyously look forward to the day when the God of love, Jehovah, will establish his righteous Kingdom on the earth, thus ensuring for all time that love will never fail.

....How's that? Probably kind of random; I'm pretty rusty at this...

--sd-7

• sir82
    sir82

Love never fails....

Some religions preach hatred, even going so far as to shun former members, teaching their adherents to hate these apostates, just as their God does....

Some religions teach that God will violently and savagely destroy 99.9% of humanity, even though 3/4 of them have never received a warning, and of those who did receive a warning, it was likely little more than a 10 second presenatation offering a magazine article on potato farmers in Idaho...

Some religions teach that respect for a principle or a symbol is far important than the actual life of a 6 month old child, and will fight to prevent doctors from providing needed medical care....

But of course that isn't what the Bible teaches....

• sd-7
    sd-7

Well? Did you time it yet? If it's at least 4 minutes and 30 seconds, you're all set.

--sd-7

• sd-7
    sd-7

sir82, valid points as those are, they're a sure way to get you tackled and dragged off the stage...lol...

--sd-7

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit