Give us your vote on the Watch Tower's approach to domestic abuse!!

by cedars 44 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• N.drew
    N.drew

Yes Cedars! It would be a good start. And then they will say to selves "that was easy and it feels so very good, we shall do it again...and again...". Anything is possible!

• cedars
    cedars

Anything is possible!

That's the spirit N.drew!

Cedars

• besunny
    besunny

Dear Cedars , I voted and tried to post a comment but couldn't so I will put it on here,,,I want to thank you for your work on this subject :

Comments like these combined with being raised in the truth and the elders not taking much action about these complaints (even blaming me for the violence and emotional abuse),,kept me in a 20 yr. abuse cycle,,which profoundly effected my oldest child,,it shows a lack of education on this subject and a lack of love for sister's to even suggest to remain in this type of situation,,I'm not the only one I know several other sister's that I have endured this situation,,,,in fact I used to always worry about stumbling people in the truth,,well I find this line of thinking very stumbling,,,,,this along with the mind set you are not free to marry another after profound abuse (only adultry)and if you do you will be disfellowshipped ,,is the reason why I am currently inactive and have no plans to return

• designs
    designs

Part of the problem is that the Bible places a high value on mortification of the flesh and vivification of the spirit, Galatians 4.

• cedars
    cedars

besunny - thanks so much for relating your experience. I'm sorry that you were unable to comment on JWsurvey. I'm sure we'll chase off all those gremlins eventually! But really, it is shocking that you have endured abuse for so long, and that you know others in similar situations. This was one of the truly horrific parts of researching the subject for me - hearing the experiences of real women who have genuinely suffered as a direct result of the negligence shown by the Society in the area of domestic violence. I wish that more women would speak out like you and show just how damaging the Society's rhetoric is.

designs - I'm not really sure how the Bible saying that the flesh is mortal and the spirit is "vivified" translates to a wife needing to stay in a life-threatening relationship with a violent husband at all costs. Perhaps you can expand on your comment?

• Juan Viejo2
    Juan Viejo2

For anyone having a problem commenting at JWSurvey.org:

Although you can use any name / pseudonym that you want, you must use a legitimate email address to leave a comment under an article. Because of the spam protection built in, any email address that has been registered as sending out spam can be rejected. Also, totally fake addresses that send an error message back to the system (MAIL ADDRESS NOT FOUND / DOES NOT EXIST) is likely to be rejected. Please use a legitimate active email address - will not be shown or accessible to other readers - only adminstrators.

If you have still have a problem leaving a comment - or are simply too scared to use a real email address in the comment section, please go to the Contact Us page and enter your comment there. That form allows you to use any name and any email address, even a totally made up one, and still leave a comment. Be sure to indicate what article or survey you are commenting on in your message. Either Cedars or I will then move it over to the proper article and post it for you using your provided name and a "catchall" email address.

JV

• cedars
    cedars

Comments aside, we're still on only 63 votes! Come on folks, we can do better than that. This is, after all, an important issue for which we have an opportunity to send out a strong message.

Cedars

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Not wishing to break any forum rules but you might get a few takers on the YUKU forum. http://exjehovahswitnessforum.yuku.com/

Just tell them I sent you

• cedars
    cedars

Thanks for the tip-off punk!

Cedars

• cedars
    cedars

bumping for votes....

Cedars

Share this

Google+
Pinterest