When You See A Witness What's Your First Reaction?

by minimus 43 Replies latest jw friends

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

My first reaction? Well, I guess I don't 'fear' them anymore, and I don't 'hate' them either, so I really don't know.

A few months ago, I spotted my ex-brother-in-law at a fast-food eatery, and I approached him and said, 'Hi'. He wasn't too comfortable talking to me... not sure if it's because I divorced his sister, or what. To my knowledge, I am just a 'walk a way', and never DA'ed or was DF'ed (to my knowledge). (If it was because of the divorce, he ain't got much room to talk, he's on his second wife.)

I see the JWs many times on the weekends all dressed up - even the little boys and girls (a dead give-away). I just observe them, and try to leave them alone.

My wife laughs at me, when we are driving, and happen to pass a KH, I will hiss vehemently like a cat at the building. The first time I did it, she was like, "What?". She then figured out what I was doing, and now just laughs.

The few times that I've had contact with JWs who are 'witnessing', I usually turn them off relatively quickly and they leave (or flee).

Regards,

Jim TX

• Twitch
    Twitch

These, days, not much of a reaction. I see a Mormon or fundie of some other flavour just as easily or rather, in the same kinda light. A more extreme version of a general theistic belief, evidence of freedom of religion and another facet of society and individuals within.

What's more interesting is their reaction to me, either as just another worldly and/or as an "apostate" to their belief/world. Far more intriguing actually.

• mamochan13
  • thetrueone
    thetrueone

My reaction is combination of sorrowful disgust.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit