When You See A Witness What's Your First Reaction?

by minimus 43 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I saw a few mindlessly working a neighborhood as I was driving the other day. They looked so unhappy, just walking in baby steps, looking like zombies. I thought they looked foolish but I felt bad for them.

• Morbidzbaby
  • OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Amusement..

The Dub Shuffle..JW`s walking as slowly as possible..

You want to poke them with a stick to see if they`re still alive..

The Dowdy clothes and Hair styles..

The pasted on grins with an air of superiority..

The fast exit..

When faced with hard questions..

..................... ...OUTLAW

• nugget
    nugget

Sad for the people wasting their lives but trapped in a harsh belief system that does not permit thought. How long before they wake up?

• watersprout
    watersprout

My first reaction is ''Oh shit''.... I am then overcome with pity for them, as I remember the anguish of being one. I have two dubbies families in my street and in the surrounding streets there are too many to count. It's dubbie haven round here! The school at the end of my road is FULL of dubbie kids.

Mobidzbaby I love that scream! My hubby does one very similar and it cracks me up!

Peace

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Yesterday I ran into a group of Dubs at the the mall. They are from a hall I went to over 10 years ago and obviously didn't know I've faded. They were very warm and friendly. They were still in their FS clothes even tho it was late afternoon. It was clear to me they are pioneering. They looked tired and there was a wistful look on their faces. Like you, I felt incredibly sorry for these battle-worn sheeple

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby

watersprout: I do that scream as well...Usually when I'm being playful or joking.

The last time I saw JW's out and about was before I moved out of state. It's weird because I KNEW they were JW's just from their clothing and the way they carried themselves. I think, honestly, my first reaction was of fear and revulsion (not at them PERSONALLY, mind you...at the lifestyle. Maybe a bit of PTSD?)

Funny story, when I first moved here, BF was taking me around and showing me where he grew up. All of a sudden, my spidey senses started tingling and my mood went south. He asked me what was wrong and I really didn't know! About 10 seconds later, we drove past a building with a large parking lot. I didn't see ANY signage because we drove by so fast... Mind you, there's a church on every corner out here in the buckle of the Bible Belt, but I just got an eerie feeling and I told him "Babe? Go back... I bet you ANYTHING that was a Kingdom Hall!" Sure enough, the sign was back a bit from the road, and it wasn't a style of hall I'd ever seen before, but it WAS a Kingdom Hall!

I looked at him and said "How the hell did I just "know" something was wrong in this area??"

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Am I doing something they could get me into trouble over?

• lilbluekitty
    lilbluekitty

The Homer Simpson scream is my first reaction, then, "oh crap do they know me and am I wearing something holiday-related? Am I wearing my cross necklace? Do they see it? Oh crap." LOL.

• minimus
    minimus

As time goes on you worry much less about "stumbling" them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit