Weird JW Dreams

by MrFreeze 40 Replies latest jw experiences

• ekruks
    ekruks

@ThinkAboutIt - sounds like the Spanish inquisition

@yellow = sleeping with Satan, well, he's got to be one hot guy, living in hell!

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

I usually have dreams of armegeddon and dying and not being resurrected, my family is all around saying how much they wish I had made it into the Paradise.

Creeps me out.

• ekruks
    ekruks

Religion creeps me out full-stop

Weird thing is, I had dreams as a kid, then when I got deep in 'the Truth' as an adult, being a pioneer/appointed man with all the stress, I stopped having dreams. Eventually, I started having the occasional dream, which probably was a nightmare, a reflection of the frustration.

When the bubble burst, it took a while, but slowly my self-esteem, etc., are coming back, regaining confidence, becoming more positive about life, and having a rich variety of dreams - still the dreams about 'the Truth', which often are weird, but when I think about them, seem to reflect my concerns - but I also have other dreams, about most things, including work and women.

• ekruks
    ekruks

ps. How do we know if our dreams are visions??!

Reminds me of that comment (was it quoted in a Watchtower publication?) by a priest who reckoned Revelation was just the nightmares of a mad old man - so why was he still a priest?!

Maybe next time I have a dream, I should write it down as a Bible book and make some money - though my conscience halts me, ulike some people we know

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

ekruks-Maybe you should write it down and market it, like a modern day Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon. You could say you found it under a maple tree in Minnesota. Just think you could start your own religion, complete with making those women you dream about doing whatever you want through mind-control techniques. Lots of people could throw money at your feet and build you a house on the beach somewhere. The house could be called Beth-Surfers, built to await the resurrection of the next great wave....

• ekruks
    ekruks

I like your play on the name of Beth-Serim
    Is this 'surfing where the need is great' ? Oh, sorry, 'serving' - I forgot that we are servants of the GB.

I'm sure a religion that included obligatory surfing every Saturday morning would be a real hit !!
    Though, it would stop me sleeping at night!

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

Why not, you could have traveling Surfing-seers, a new beach every week! Everyone could have their special Saturday morning swimming suits, no ties or pantyhose. Instead of coffee breaks, you could have barbeque breaks

• C6H12O6
    C6H12O6

When I was still a JW, I often dreamt about Armageddon or the Great Tribulation but never the Paradise.

JW Dream 1: It was dark outside and there were rising floods and electricity was gone. All the JW's gathered at the Kingdom Hall with their emergency supplies.

JW Dream 2: Small blue meteorites were hitting everyone but JW's.

Now that I'm out, sometimes I have dreams about still being a JW.

Ex-JW Dream 1: I was in my old car pool group and we were going to an Assembly located in a mall. Since I didn't want to go the Assembly, I wandered off and got lost and stranded.

Ex-JW Dream 2: It was after the meeting and I was socializing with my old friends from the hall outside at night.

• d
    d

Yes I used too and they would involve mass violence and chaos. I remeber one dream in where bombs were falling and people were burning alive.

• ekruks
    ekruks

@PaintedAtToeNail - we'd have to report how many waves the surfed each month, how hours spent surfing Surf-elders won't take the bad surfers out for lessons We will all donate to the mysterious Water Beach & Sand Society, which will never explain to use what they actually do with the money, and send us petty rules on the styles of surfboards and wetsuits, banning from the beach anyone who dares swim on non-official beaches

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit