Stack all Society's literature together in one pile -- how tall?

by FatFreek 2005 18 Replies latest watchtower bible

• JAFO
    JAFO

Who cares? But it would make a lovely bonfire!

• Intel
    Intel
    Who cares? But it would make a lovely bonfire!

LOL JAFO.

But I don't think so. One day I was so pissed at the Borg, that I lit my fireplace with a Young People Ask book and a couple of mags. Stuff took FOREVER to completely burn, really nasty to get rid off (I think the printing ink make this more difficult). If you put gasoline into the game, well, then it's another story.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I know what I shredded--a stack about 1 1/2 meters tall of washtowel rags. And that was the half I didn't place. As well as plenty of hard-bound littera-trash I put in the rubbish one rainy night, so it would get all soaking wet with the most disgusting rubbish possible before anyone could get their brains poisoned by the littera-trash.

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

For what it's worth, and thanks to our friends at Freeminds, here is a link to their very comprehensive list of all publications -- EVER. On most of them they even include the number of pages for each publication.

Early Writings

General Books

Millennial Dawn and Studies in the Scriptures

Other Publications of Interest

Yearbooks

Songbooks

Bibles

Organizational Books Not Generally Sold to the Public

Booklets

Brochures

Organizational and Study Booklets

Convention Reports

Indexes

Tracts

Kingdom News Tracts

Old Theology Quarterly Tracts

Calendars

Miscellaneous

Periodicals (magazines)

Bound Volumes

Braille Publications

Watchtower Audio Material

Watchtower Video Material

Computer Material

If one were diligent enough (I decided I don't need it after looking at the enormity of the task) one could compute the height of the stack by deciding on an average page thickness, average hard copy cover thickness, etc. Put all this data into a spreadsheet and see what it all amounts to.

By the way, thanks for all your input. I enjoyed the humorous posts this topic inspired.

Len

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Tall enough to create the world's largest bonfire.

• factfinder
    factfinder

Imagine if you had one copy of EVERYTHING the society ever published, EVERY edition in EVERY language and stacked them!

• JAFO
    JAFO
    Imagine if you had one copy of EVERYTHING the society ever published

That would probably be grounds for an apostacy charge..

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

isnt bullshit more like a liquid slurry?

better to ask how many toilets wd be needed to flush it away.

HB

• peace_lily
    peace_lily

One Bible verse you'll never hear at a meeting --

Ecclesiastes 12:12: But beyond this [words given by the One Shepherd], my son, be warned: the writing of many books is endless, and excessive devotion to books is wearying to the body.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit