QUESTION: How have Franz books helped you?

by binadub 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

His books were insightful and made me realize how much of a joke the GB really is. The 2/3's rule for example. More than half of the GB could be opposed to a policy, but if they didn't have 2/3's to reverse it, the policy stayed the same. No wonder things never changed and a culture of legalism prevailed. Though Ray didn't directly spell it out, it showed that their interests were in moving literature rather than really making a difference in people's lives.

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Reading COC took my out of focus doubts and clarified things into a sharp picture. Reading that book changed my life and that of my husband. I don't know how any honest hearted JW could read that book and still belive the WTS is Gods organization.

• prophecor
    prophecor

The insight given regarding Bethel and how it was not some " Happy to Be There" work force. The labor camp that it truly is / was. The politicking that goes on in how the votes are cast regarding decisions made that affect the very lives of individuals. 3/5 rule? How those in the positions of power have sway over lives by just by shear fact that some not included just didn't show up to vote. There are those right amidst the hierarchy who don't support the decisions being made.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit