A new method of "counting time".

by dothemath 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• undercover
    undercover

...do the elders in your cong. grill you on putting in your report the very second the month ends?

I remember making shit up when they called. I did a pretty good job too, if I may say so myself.

Elder(on phone): "We haven't gotten your time for this month. Can I get that from you so I can finish the monthly report?"

Me: "oh yea... I forgot to turn it in. Let me go get my service record book out of my bookbag. Can you hold on for a sec?"

Elder: "Sure"

Me: [puts the phone on mute. lays it down. watches TV for a couple of minutes.]

Me: [a couple of minutes later] "Sorry it took so long. Had to go out to the car. Okay...ready?"

Elder: "Sure. Thanks for having it written down."

Me: "No problem. Only way I can keep up with it."

Me: [making it up while watching the TV muted]: "11 hours. [pause while pretending to add up numbers. rattle the newspaper to simulate turning pages] 8 magazines. [pause] 1 brochure. [pause] 2 books. [pause] 3 RVs"

Elder: "Thank you very much. See you on Sunday."

Me: "okay. See ya" [ and then didn't show up on Sunday]

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

The counting time (hours) in service shows unequivocally what the WTS. corporation and its core doctrinal beliefs are complacently about and that is the

proliferation of the WTS's published works. They write up the bullshit with intent to lure people into the organization and then these

individuals are to be exploited to further in the circulation the WTS. literature.

Exploitation of the belief in the bible to exploit people for work and money.

Corruption guised as religious virtuosity.

• Azazel
    Azazel

I have always had an issue with reporting hours each month. Apart from never feeling like the total "team" players we were being brainwashed into becoming i was told that "witnessisng" was a sacrifice of lips of praise to God ( their words not mine).

what did JC tell his disciples? Principle in Mathew 6 : 1 and 2

Whatever you did should be between you and God alone! awh crap i forgot thats right, between you and WTS(GOD)

again another unscriptural practice at the core of WTS doctrine!.....suprised? Not anymore

• sir82
    sir82

Actually, given the way most JWs do field service (at least in the US)....6 hours on the report actually is "6 minutes of talking to people".

• JeffT
    JeffT

I disagree with the idea that it is about selling literature. It is a stunningly ineffective way to do that, and success is not required. I see people in downtown Seattle doing street work by standing with their backs to a building holding up the magazines and watching people walk by. No effort at all to engage anybody or sell anything. Yet that time will "count."

• charlie brown jr.
    charlie brown jr.
    I got to regular pio and MS the hard way i guess...

Same here ...........

I remember Sisters actually keeping Tabs on my hours as I was the only Brother Pioneer for years...........

Some Sisters Stopped counting time if we stop for a 5 min coffee...... and they suggested you do the same!

Wish I had the chance to CHEAT!!!! It would of been worth the $20 of free meal tickets at Assemblies..........

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

Personally, I always counted my time correctly within 15 minutes......but all my life I have known "Super Stars" and ""Fair haired" favorites that cheated on time all my life. My eyes were really "opened" whenever I served as a Cong. secretary. WOW the Elders and tthier families were the worst cheats. They are under SO much pressure to meet or exceed the nation averages. What a sham! And the process ensures the best liars get promoted!!!!!!!! THEY become Circuit Overseers!!!!! LOL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit