Feeling down.... BIG time

by Free!! 21 Replies latest jw friends

• NoRegrets
    NoRegrets

I know the feeling. Glad you came here to vent! Things can seem pretty dark at times but it will always get better! My wife and I were both born in and managed to get out together so I guess I should be grateful for that. Yet, I can't help seething from time to time about how badly we all got screwed over by the Watchtower and its' policies. No holidays, no normal childhood friends, being isolated and abused, and now having our entire history and heiritage wiped away with a wave of an imaginary hand! It is not only good but COMPLETELY NECESSARY to vent!

AAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Free!!
    Free!!

Thanks guys,

I have been crying for the past 60 or so minutes.... i am trying to think about good things but i cant find them.... i am so tired!

I feel like i am always taking care of others and trying to make others happy, trying make sure i dont hurt anyone's feelings but i end up hurting myself.. i am going to therapy, but still i feel so lonely... i never in a million years imaging my life would end up like this..... help please... i dont know what to do...

• lifestooshort
    lifestooshort

What you do is, "Hang in there. Hang on tight. It's gonna be a bumpy ride". But it will get better. If you dont believe me eat a big bowl of your favorite ice cream. Cookies and Cream is my favorite. By time you get to the bottom of the bowl you will believe me.

• AGuest
    AGuest
    I feel like i am always taking care of others and trying to make others happy, trying make sure i dont hurt anyone's feelings but i end up hurting myself..

I don't know if you consider yourself a "spiritual" person, dear Free (again, peace to you!)... but I found something that Christ is recorded to have said to be very... ummmmmm... eye-opening. He said:

"You must love your neighbor as yourself."

Thing is... can you truly love your neighbor as yourself... if you don't love yourself? Doesn't love have to start with you? I mean, how can you GIVE... what you don't HAVE? Not everyone we want to love/like us will, dear one. That's okay, though... because it isn't "about" them. It's about you... and so YOU must love you... in spite of whether anyone else does... and before you can ask/expect almost anyone else to do so. I say almost because it should be a given with some (parents, spouse, children); unfortunately, it isn't always. But that's okay, too. Again, it isn't about them. It's about you... and who YOU love... and how... FIRST.

Such love is not egotistical pride, though. It is love that says "I'm no better... and no worse... than anyone else... and just like everyone else, I, too, am worthy of love... especially from myself."

I hope this helps and, again, that you find peace!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

FREE....It's part of being a human to experience the full range of feelings....good and bad. It's just your turn to feel crummy.

Don't trust your thoughts, feelings and beliefs while you are in a low mood. Shoo them away like flies at a picnic.

Don't try to come up with any logical answers right now.

Remember the H.A.L.T. principal. Hungry Angry Lonely Tired and be suspicious of your thinking patterns if you are any or all of these things.

Set this matter aside for now and "change channels" in your mind.

Do something you might do for fun if you were feeling better....fake it till you make it.

Remember, this too shall pass.

• 3dogs1husband
    3dogs1husband

Hey Free I dont post much either, but ya I read the threads quiet a bit ...keeps me sane in my jw crazy land I live in. :) hope you get some peace...at least a laugh or two tonight :)

• Indian Larry
  • cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

take a dance class... you will meet lots of people

• sizemik
    sizemik

(((((Free))))) . . . sorry to hear

I think exwhyzee summed it up very nicely. Things always come and a go a bit in cycles . . . like feeling really low. I know it's not "if" but "when" for me also. This can be good to remember though . . . and give you confidence to hang in there knowing it will pass.

It's never listed among the ingredients . . . but necessary in every recipe is time.

Use the good advice here as it applies to you . . . I'm sure things will look up soon.

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

Hi Free, thanks for posting. I am a bit down this evening too. But,I have had the feeling before and it won't be the last time either. But,we will have good days,and there are new people to meet,new places to visit,new things to learn and do,so keep hanging on!

And know you are not alone.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit