Feeling down.... BIG time

by Free!! 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Free!!
    Free!!

I know i don't post here often.... I just lurk around and read most of the threads daily (from my phone)....but today is one of those days that I just feel like "blah"... i dont care about anything, i realize i dont have anything, all my friends are busy or with their own set of problems... and i just dont want to bother then.. IT SUCKS....

I just need to vent, let everything out... I really want to scream, but i cant... i wish i could run away from everything and just start fresh, i feel like a failure and I just dont like me at all....i was so down a few days ago i was thinking about going back to the hall, because i feel so lonely... but i refused to let my depression make me do something so silly...

Thanks for even looking at this thread... i just need it to vent or i am going to explode.... :(

• tec
    tec

This place is a good place to come and vent. So you just do what you need to. We're here, and listening.

• Londo111
    Londo111

I'm sorry you feel that way. Being shunned by family or friends, I know I've really felt wreched at time. I know the feeling...even though the WTS is far from the truth in practice and belief, there are some good people at the hall. I would love to be in a sitaution where I could talk to some of them.

• AGuest
    AGuest

Venting is good, dear Free (peace to you!), but its effects can be temporary/short-lived. Consider finding something that brings you joy... and incorporating doing that into your life. Or considering helping someone (less fortunate, perhaps?); that works wonders to get one's mind off one's own... ummmm... misfortune(s). "'Tis the season," they say, so you shouldn't have too much difficulty finding something/someone you can help. Doesn't have to be something earth shattering. Doesn't even have to be something anyone else knows about. So long as YOU know you did something helpful, you know?

This too will pass. I hope soon, for your sake!

Again, peace to you!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• Free!!
    Free!!

I was trying to get out more, make more friends i can count my friends w one hand... is really bad....then, the friend whom i am closer to decides to start doing drugs (again), and i dont think i am in a place (mentally) to help him, because i need help myself (i dont do drugs, is just depression)....I thought about moving away.. but i would be running and i dont want to run anymore... I just want to scream..

• InterestedOne
    InterestedOne

Have a look at this (not religious). It cheers me up:

http://www.goodnewsnetwork.org/

• clarity
    clarity

Free, you are right it does suck!

Life in general can be very challenging when you're young ...and lonely.

Without a lot of experience with life's up and downs, it can seem like you're going no where fast!

I feel so sorry for the 'kids' in your position. Been there done that.

Hang on, things will change. Put one foot ahead of the other and keep going!

Do something where you do feel in control. Sign up for a program for the spring, the seats fill up fast.

clarity

• lifestooshort
    lifestooshort

Not only do I hear you but I have felt that way before too. But I didnt consider going back to the Borg that's for sure. And needing to vent is, of course, normal. Thank to this forum you can do this with others listening to you, not just waiting for you to stop talking so they can talk, but really considering your thoughts.

• N.drew
    N.drew

Hi Free!! I've been there. Does it feel like a great big bug is eating you slowly? Whatever it feels like it will pass. It will, I promise. It might come back, but it always passes back away! If the feeling lingers too long, can you see the doctor? A therapist maybe?

If you are near water, a lake, pond, river or the ocean, I suggest, if you can, go there and breath the air. Meditate on what is good! I know you can think of something good! Your name is good. Freedom is something good to meditate about. If there is no water, the woods have a similar effect.

Peace!

beach bird

• AGuest
    AGuest
    I just want to scream..

Nothing wrong with screaming, dear one (peace to you!). Helps to "get it out", sometimes. A pillow might make it a little less intrusive for others, though.

I hope you find/receive peace... truly! It's a fruit of God's holy spirit, so you can always ask for it (Luke 11:13).

Peace!

A slave of Christ,

SA

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit