CANNONBALL!!!!

by ziddina 12 Replies latest social humour

• ziddina
    ziddina

Since nobody was injured, I found this way too funny!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jj-CErr0VOY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COCjh_h3JfI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H984_eeXaRw

I love the show, but DAY - YAMMMM!!!

This is why some people need adult supervision...

• ziddina
    ziddina

Shameless bump of my thread...!!!

bump

• charlie brown jr.
  • NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

Bet it was Adam's fault.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Thanks, guys!!

And another SHAMELESS BUMP!!

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

"They have insuranced for things like this"--I wonder how much the premiums just went up?

This could be the most popular episode yet!

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

When I saw this on the local news last night, I laughed myself silly out of incredulity. A cannonball overshooting foothills, hitting the sidewalk, bouncing up and going through the front door, bouncing around the interior walls like a ping pong ball, going up the stairs, going out the bedroom wall leaving a cartoon-shaped round hole, flying over a six-lane avenue with traffic, smashing into the roof of the house across the street, and landing finally into a minivan. Thank god no one was hurt, but I have to say that was the most absurd thing I ever saw on the local news.

This could be the most popular episode yet!

This is absolutely not going to be in any episode.

Too bad, 'cause I could see it now...

KARI: I heard this fantastic myth on the internet. The story goes that a person could fire off a cannonball with enough force that it could fly a half mile, hit a sidewalk, and then bounce up and go through -- get this! -- the front door of a house, go upstairs and fly out a bedroom wall without waking up three people sleeping next to it, and then fly over a six-lane road, bounce into another home's roof, and end up inside a minivan.

JAMIE: That's ridiculous.

ADAM: But it sounds like a helluva fun myth to bust!

GRANT: Agreed! We could go to the Alameda County Bomb Range, which overlooks suburban Dublin, and see if we could replicate the myth.

KARI: Boys! You can't do this with actual people's homes! And people could get hurt!

JAMIE: We are insured for things like this. Come on, there's not a slimmest chance this could happen at all. And we'll do it while people are at work....surely there wouldn't be daysleepers at home, right?

GRANT: Yeah right. This is Dublin we're talking about.

ADAM: Who cares! It's gonna be a blast! Let's go!

<snip the experiment>

KARI: Well, I say the myth is no myth.

GRANT: Totally not busted.

ADAM: But we sure made a mess, didn't we? Oops.

JAMIE: Why did you guys talk me into this?

ADAM: Well, we won't be allowed to use the Bomb Range ever again. But we can definitely say...

ENDING GRAPHIC: (falling metal slab) MYTH CONFIRMED.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

hahahaha FUNNY!

• JeffT
    JeffT

Leolaia and others;

I've been a student of military history all of my life, with just a bit of time off while I was a JW. I was not surprised at all at this, nor did I find it absurd. This is, in fact, how solid cannon balls behave. I'm glad (and amazed really) that no one was hurt. I hope Mythbusters survives, its a good show and they have a good safety record, especially given some of the stuff they've done.

• irondork
    irondork

I'll bet every person on that Mythbusters crew wet themselves when that ball got away from them. I picture dead silence as they just looked at eachother.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit