The Crux of the Matter For Me

by MrDarkKnight 23 Replies latest jw experiences

• MrDarkKnight
    MrDarkKnight

@NancyDrew...I have taken the hit...my family has disowned me...my ex-wife continues to indoctrinate our son even though he is clearly struggling with it...for his sake I had not taken more radical steps...

@prodigalson...I am not sure what you mean perhaps you can PM me with a more detailed explanation...I welcome your observations...

@AGuest...I was using this thread to talk these issues out...Mankeli was just a prop...due to my previous responsibilities I will not be allowed to just walk away...I will have to be put out or quit...it has taken a year for me to get to this point, but I am finally ready...

• palmtree67
    palmtree67
    @prodigalson...I am not sure what you mean perhaps you can PM me with a more detailed explanation...I welcome your observations...

You are assuming "the scriptures" are the final word.

When I checked out the actual history of the Bible canon and how it came to be, I was shocked.

As a JW, you think you are getting a first-rate religious education - you are not.

Good luck to you,

Palm

(P.S. Check out the Gnostic gospels. Why do you suppose they were left out fo the bible canon?? )

• jonathan dough
    jonathan dough

It's a shame it took you so long to figure this out.

they are just another organized religion

This is where you're wrong, a result no doubt of them telling you what other oranized religions are like, what they believe in. JWs are in a league of their own. It will take you many years to shake off the Society and purge them from your mind. Don't swing the pendulum in the other direction.

http://www.144000.110mb.com/

• MrDarkKnight
    MrDarkKnight

@palmtree67...I have serious doubts about the Bible...I am well aware of the whole Bible canon process...I don't trust it, I just did not want rile those on this board who believe the Bible and love it...

@jonathan dough...my time with the JWs has not been a total waste...I lucked out when I went to Bethel and expanded my training as an electrician by learning automation and controls...I now have a successful career as a security systems engineer for a prominent government contractor...I am dedicated to protecting the United States of America...and I am proud and well paid to do it!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit