Please Post Reasons For Not Believing The Witnesses Have The "Truth" Anymore

by minimus 86 Replies latest jw friends

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

<<Shunning, misogyny, exclusivism, isolationism, oppression, narrow mindedness, 'waiting on Jehovah', prejudism, going beyond scripture, the math doesn't add up, inappropriate use of scripture to fulfill a man-made agenda, using fear and guilt to force a group of people to do what you want them to do, the 100% failure of their Armageddon Prophecy, their meaning of the 144,000 number from the Bible, their lack of understanding of the history of the Bible, their stance on higher education, their lack of critical thinking skills, and their ever widening gap and grip on reality.>>

Hope my graphic shows

• Scott77
    Scott77

It irked me alot to read about that infamous 144,000 watchtower-sponsored group as the only sole members who will go to heaven to rule with Jesus Christ. The Watchtower teaching that all religions except their own are false and that, they are the only ones who will inherit the 'new earth' was more than I could bear. There is a condescending attitude toward any members not part of their own. Most offensive of all, is their stalking behaviors that is a total disgrace to the very God they claim to workship.

Scott77

• mamalove
    mamalove

Too much hypocrisy to list.

• ~Question With Boldness~
    ~Question With Boldness~

I do not have time to go through the pages and see if this has already been mentioned so I will just put it out there;

"the view that the "anointed remnant" dispense the "spiritual food at the proper time"."

Its really very simple to if not convince them they are wrong on this front, then at least get them to think about it. I know it turned my mother in knots...

The anointed remnant are the 144,000. The ones who partake. They are supposed to be the "faithful and discreet slave" "dispensing spiritual food at the proper time"

But the 144,000 are not neccesarrily a part of the Governing Body or writing committee. Even if they are, the "anointed" are not consulted on new light, policy or spiritual truths....

The Watchtower has even admitted that they do not "keep track" of who is partaking, or who is "of the anointed"

So how exactly are the "anointed" or "fds" dispensing that spiritual food?

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

They say they would be blood-guilty if they were drafted into the army and, as alternate service for COs, cleaned bedpans in a hospital (after all, that means another soldier can carry a gun instead of a scrub brush). But they are righteous in the eyes of Jehovah only if they prevent their child from receiving a blood transfusion, leading directly to the child's death.

• sizemik
    sizemik

A lot of this crap they've spewed can be ostensibly passed off as the mistakes of imperfect humans . . . and often is of course.

But a deliberate pre-meditated lie, or lies, are different . . .

It doesn't matter what the lie(s) is . . . only that they lied.

Then all you need to ask is . . . am I going to believe a deliberate liar? . . . a no-brainer really.

• still thinking
    still thinking

I'd like to see the reasons why they EVER had the truth...waiting waiting waiting....guess I'll be waiting a loooooog time.

A bit like waiting for the end of this system of things...LOL

• N.drew
    N.drew

Mr Rogers was my conundrum when I was considering myself a Jehovah's Witness. He wasn't a Jehovahs Witness. Why? I could not imagine another better Christain person than he. So why wasn't he a Jehovahs Witness? I wanted to know.

I know now why he wasn't, but this is what I came up with when I was convinced his "heart was right" by he did not come to the Society of Rightness. (SOR- what Jehovahs Witnesses think of their selves)

The doctrine of Jehovahs Witnesses would have us believe one of the following about him:

1. If he came around he would have to be NOT Mr. Rogers any longer (I thought that would not be good)

2. He would have to die before the Judgement (the one JWs advertise). (I didn't like that either)

3. He was secretly a bad man (and that would have sucked)

I did not believe he was bad. (and to encourage such a thought is down right evil) I thought what a religion this (I was there then) is to believe death is better than Children's TV. And of course wasting one's time trying to get people to swallow untruth is worse case scenerio for dear Mr. Rogers.

So Mr. Rogers is proof perfect the Jehovahs Witnesses do not have the truth.

• N.drew
    N.drew

http://www.mentalfloss.com/blogs/archives/5943

Meek Mr. Rogers was NOT a Jehovahs Witness (the religion).

• truth.ceeker
    truth.ceeker

@ leavinwt -->> I appreciate those images, graphic and to the point, makes it obvious, clearly

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit