John Barr's Memorial Brochure

by Bangalore 16 Replies latest jw friends

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

I dont get all this "kind old decent man" crap, he presided with a team of paedophile enablers who unrepentantly brought misery and tragedy to the lives of many thousands. If there is a place called "hell" this scum of a human being deserves to rot there with the rest of his team.

• steve2
    steve2

Exceptions to rules are always of interest. An organization that frowns upon the rank and file eulogizing the departed, boldly eulogizes one of its own departed.

The reason for the exception is clear but subtle: Eulogizing John Barr = Eulogizing the organization. Let's all hail Jehovah's Earthly Organization!

• 00DAD
    00DAD

John E. Barr - August 13, 1913 - December 4 2010

Matthew 24:34 - " Truly I say to YOU that this generation will by no means pass away until all these things occur. "

Uh, but that's OK because there are still a lot of people alive whose lives overlapped his life, evidently!

• ekruks
    ekruks

Still don't get the excitement amongst many brothers and sisters when it was annouced about the overlapping generations, as if we are so privileged - God just sent us a present from heaven - the Holy Spirit had been misleading us previously? How is that exciting?

• i_drank_the_wine
    i_drank_the_wine

Idol worship anyone?

• i_drank_the_wine
    i_drank_the_wine

Hard to feel anything for a man like this when his life's work was to do everything he could in helping to mislead millions, destroy families, and set people up for failure in life. Rot in pieces old man.

• ekruks
    ekruks

@i_drank_the_wine I don't think the guy was intentionally unkind, but was himself misled. Though I must say, it would have fascinating to hear you give the funeral talk; I would have been on the edge of my seat

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit