Pose THIS QUESTION and watch JW"S REALIZE they have been DUPED!!

by foolsparadise 22 Replies latest jw friends

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Well if everyone studied their OD (formerly OM) book BEFORE baptism like they are supposed to, then they would know the JW policy on shunning!

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

There are plenty of questions that you could ask a JW to have them think of their position, but not many would make them change their system of belief.

I thought that I had the stumper question. "If Jesus is a god, then what kind of god is he, true or false?"

It is not until a person is ready to honestly look at their beliefs. If they're not ready, no question will work imho.

dc

• steve2
    steve2

foolsparadise, good on you for thinking in terms of excellent questions to get people thinking.

Unfortunately, if I were a JW I would not be shaken by your question. I'd simply reply as follows: "Newly interested ones can only take the basics when they first start studying - just like babes must have milk and then slowly progress to solids. We do not want to give honest-hearted people indigestion!"

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

Try "[hypothetically] If you found out this was not the TRUTH, what would you do?"

Nothing more - an intro for the next encounter. :-))

Plant seeds that irritate them but bother them because they know it's a dilemma.

Randy

• stuckinamovement
    stuckinamovement

Good question Randy, I have used a variant of that...

" if your mate was cheating on you, would you want to know the truth?" Generally the answer is yes. then I ask.... "If the organization was not what it claimed to be, would you want to know?"

It is interesting to see the look on the persons face when you ask them this.

SIAM

• 00DAD
    00DAD

"If the organization was not what it claimed to be, would you want to know?"

SIAM, now THAT's a winning question!

Oh, Mother of COGNITIVE DISSONANCE thy name is the WTBTS

Liar, liar!

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Is it Wrong to Change Religions?

Must a person stay with religion of his parents? Should you take for granted that you have the right form of worship?

Would you change your religion if you were dissatisfied or if you became convinced it was not God' arrangement for worship?

Thousands of persons have and are convinced that their decision was a wise one. Their story and the problems they have faced and overcome provide a fascinating account that will strengthen your faith. - g60 4/8, p. 31

• 00DAD
    00DAD

To potential converts the Watchtower organization introduces a notion that it is not wrong to change religions.

But once the convert is baptized things change. Now, it is wrong to change religions. Changing religions becomes a sin punishable by excommunication and shunning.

• "If an individual has joined another religious organization …, he has disassociated himself." - Shepherd the Flock of God, p. 111

Ironically, the Watchtower recently stated, "It is not our right to tell others how to run their personal affairs." It also cited 1 Thessalonians 4:11, which says, “Make it your aim . . . to mind your own business” and added "Remember, too, that we should not impose our own views on others regarding matters that they need to decide for themselves.—Gal. 6:5." - w2011 7/15 p. 18, paragraphs 15-16

Must we associate with a specific group to be Christian?

Consider Mark 9:38-40: John said to him: “Teacher, we saw a certain man expelling demons by the use of your name and we tried to prevent him, because he was not accompanying us.” But Jesus said: “Do not try to prevent him, for there is no one that will do a powerful work on the basis of my name that will quickly be able to revile me; for he that is not against us is for us."

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Is it Wrong To Change Your Religion?

"No one should be forced to worship in a way that he finds unacceptable or be made to choose between his beliefs and his family?" - Awake, July 2009, p. 29

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Danger from a Source That They Do Not Suspect

"When persons are in great danger from a source that they do not suspect or are being misled by those they consider their friends, is it an unkindness to warn them? They may prefer not to believe the warning. They may even resent it. But does that free one from the moral responsibility to give that warning?" - w74 01/15, p. 35

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit