Witnessing by Mail - Where Do They Get the Addresses From???

by AudeSapere 12 Replies latest jw friends

• GOrwell
    GOrwell

In Canada at least, you could get/buy the reverse address book (?) from Canada Post, which listed all addresses/names for a postal code/area.. please correct me if i'm wrong, it's been 15 years since telephone/letter witnessing ;)

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

Several congregations I know off have bought into a commercial database that junk mailers use. It's fairly expensive so usually they buy it once and keep using it for a few years in which case the information goes out of date very quickly.

Other congregations just reverse lookup online or in the phone books which can also give highly inaccurate information (who still lists their numbers these days?)

Some (other language fields mostly) just go by what is written on the doorbell/mailbox.

Others do (illegally but usually they're literally too stupid to realize that) get addresses from people that work in certain businesses such as government agencies, hospitals, elderly homes and advertisment agencies.

• brizzzy
    brizzzy

My JW little sister sends letters/emails to surviving relatives that she finds in obituaries...I guess she mails them to wherever you're advised to send flowers, maybe? (Yes, I realize this is SICK.)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit