Witnessing by Mail - Where Do They Get the Addresses From???

by AudeSapere 12 Replies latest jw friends

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

I'm wondering where the publishers get their address lists when they do 'Witnessing-by-Mail'.

I live in a gated community (moved here 6-years ago). This week I received a letter addressed to my *parents* (Mr. & Mrs. XXXXXXX XXXXX) who have been divorced for 17 years and neither of whom have *ever* lived at this address.

I'm thinking the "Mr & Mrs" part is just an assumption on their part.

From time to time I get mail address to my father (Blue Cross solicitations, etc), but he has never used my address as his own and has never lived here.

Any suggestions as to just how the local cong would get his name and my address on their mailing list??????

-Aude.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

For those that wonder about the content of a 'witness-by-mail' letter, here is transcript:

Mr. & Mrs. XXXXXXX XXXXX

[Address]

[City, St Zip]

Dear Neighbor:

Whether or not one is a Bible reader, it is important to recognize the warning it gives to people of our generation, that we are living in the time of the end of this system of things. The evidence is more than apparent. Please read Matthew chapter 24.

Most people are aware of the "Lord's Prayer" recorded at Matthew 6:9,10,where we ask for "God's Kingdom to come, and His will to be done on earth", but few are aware that that Kingdom (government) is already established in the heavens, and that soon it's King, Jesus Christ, will execute judgment upon the earth, and thereafter rule the earth in righteousness.

We do not know the day or the hour, however, the bible does not leave us in the dark as to the nearness of the time. We need to be aware, so that we can make the right choices in our life, and be on the side that survives into the New World under Christ's rule.

I am enclosing a tract with further information on the subject, and invite you to write the address below for further information or a visit to your home, if desired. Please be assured there is no cost or obligation. We may also be contacted at our website www.watchtower.com

Sincerely,

Dxxxx Wxxx

East XXXXXXXXX Congregation

of Jehovah's Witnesses

[Address]

[City State Zip]

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

But how would they connect my father with my address??

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

maybe the post office? maybe a jw work there? I have no idea how they got your fathers name.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

In the past, I got some junk mail for my brother at my address he has never lived there either. no big deal.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

aude, i also live in gated community. I have been here for almost 4 years and I have never received witnessing mail from any JW.

• petitebrunette
    petitebrunette

When I was pioneering, we'd go to the post office and get the Bressers book. You could look up addresses by street. It would give the address and name. It came out every year I think. I think the Mr. and Mrs. part was probably an assumption, no connection to your parents. This is going back a few years, not sure if that's how they do it now.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

I get stuff from AARP and stuff for hearing aids/funeral plots/other junk insisting I'm over the age of 55. I'm not even half that age so I'm not sure why they send me that junk.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Petitebrunette - I guess if they had the address, the could also do look up on the net.

It's just odd because they've got my dad's full name and *my* address even though he never lived here. So made me curious as to whether they were buying listings or something.

Oh well. The letter's in the trash now.

-Aude.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Iamallcool - I get junk mail for my dad and for one of my brothers frequently. Odd - since they never lived here. But what seems exra odd is for JW's to link them to my address. It's like they bought a leads list from somewhere.

Oh well.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit