Our new fur baby comes to live with us tomorrow!

by watersprout 14 Replies latest jw friends

• mummatron
    mummatron

Awww cool!

I had a JRT last year for a 24hr trial as I was looking to adopt a doggy all of my own as our dog is Daddatron's fur baby. First off, I couldn't spend any time with him as I ended up going to hospital in an ambulance (I was pregnant and had a kidney infection). My son was only 2 at the time but was so patient with him, sat on the floor trying to feed him dog biscuits as he was so hyper he refused to eat. We couldn't adopt him as he just didn't get on with our terrier cross and kept bullying him, but we did find him a new home with the mother of a friend who just happened to be an experienced JRT owner/breeder with masses of land & kennels and now he is settled and happy.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I could write humorous essays about the spunk and spirit yet the inate cuddability of JRTs.

Please post photos of your furbaby. I am a bit envious. We weren't allowed to have any dogs growing up b.c they detracted from FS and KH time. Besides, my father would kick em in the head down the cellar stairs. Hence, the boyfriend tester. If unsure of how much to trust a gentlman caller, borrow a friend's dog for some interaction. Most dogs willl go bonkers with agitation over a bad candidate. Women swear by it.

I keep compiling breed info. and human involvement info. We had a fox terrrier at home after my dad died. She was a true gift from the Holy Spirit. Now I think I want a wirehaired fox terrier so it the familiar but also different. My life is too chaotic to make a choice now.

I expect I will fall deeply in love and don't want to give up custody readily. Time will tell.

• watersprout
    watersprout

NC they are nutters! Certain breeds are working dogs and if not worked, will lose the plot! Nellie had the spirit crushed out of her with the abuse she had suffered, so went mental occasionaly... Only after she would slept straight for 12 hours lol!

Nancy my sprog has stroked and talked to him constantly, he has been following her around all afternoon lol.

Mummatron that's a happy ending... Sounds like he was a working breed, hopefully there are plenty of rats for him to hunt... Nothing makes a Jack happier then chasing rats lol

BOTR they are the MOST entertaining breed I have ever known! My parents have a westie and he is a boring old man compared to the JRT breed! Sounds like it was a good job you weren't allowed pets as a child... Your father sounds like a scary man! I know what you mean about dogs and men.... If the dog doesn't like them, they are out the door lol!

Peace

• White Dove
    White Dove

I love furbabies!

That's a good test, too.

Also, you can babysit someone's small child and see how the guy acts around her/him.

Either one is a good boy/girlfriend tester.

• watersprout
    watersprout

Nell was always a good people tester... She would shun those she didn't like lol... If she liked you you couldn't get rid of her, she would release this toxic gas as if to mark you.

Peace

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit