Our new fur baby comes to live with us tomorrow!

by watersprout 14 Replies latest jw friends

• watersprout
    watersprout

We are adopting our fur baby tomorrow

He is a JRT crossed with a chihuahua, age is approximately around 7 and he is gorgeous!

He was rescued from a dog pound as he was due to be put to sleep, an angel saw him and took him home... He had been found tied to tree, left to die and had lost all of his fur... His fur is back now, just a patch missing off his tail... He had to have 13 teeth removed as they were rotten and causing him a lot of pain. He loves to be hugged and the foster carer said it is obvious that he has been starved of affection! My little one will soon remedy that lol!

Anyway we are signing the adoption papers tomorrow and then he is officially our new fur baby! Yey! It's very exciting and I doubt I will be able to sleep tonight! He will have a lot to live up to as regards Nellie, emptying the bin, chasing cat's, rolling in horse/sheep/dog poo, scratching her bum on the carpet and sneaking on the bed/furniture!

Wanted to let you all know, as you were soo supportive when Nellie died! I can't express how much you all comforted me and my family.

I will post piccies tomorrow!

Peace

• tec
    tec

Looking forward to seeing pics. He has found a beautiful home and family!

Peace and love to you,

Tammy

• Quandry
    Quandry

How wonderful. He deserves to have a wonderful life, and the love of your family, and I am sure that you will receive all his love in return.

What is a JRT?

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Congrats. These mixes seem hardier than the purebreds. Who cares unless you want to show? I had a JRT and loved her for spunkiness and brightness. She tended to do Alpha behavior to a large extent. Maybe the chi. will calm the "bad" traits down.

I was in a local arts town. Everyone here has SUVs with "MY child is an honor student at ......." I came upon this car with this bumper sticker, "MY Jack Russell Terrirer is Smarter than your Honor Student." I left a note in their windshield about how it was so true. They responded. Cool.

• JRK
    JRK

Congratulations! Dogs from the Shelter can be the best pets. I got my Minpin from a shelter last year, and he is the best dog I ever had. He loves hugs too.

JK

Q - JRT is Jack Russell Terrier

• watersprout
    watersprout

Awwww thanks Tec

Quandry JRT is a Jack russel terrier... Funny little dogs, more human than dog lol.

BOTR that bumper sticker is sooo true! I love mongrels, always had them even as a kid. The only pure bred we had was a labrador and my parents had him before I was born. He passed when I was 8 and he was a NIGHTMARE! The mongrels we had after were fab, had fewer health problems and lived a lot longer.... Hopefully this fur baby has not had his ''spirit'' crushed and those Jack traits are still there.

Peace

• watersprout
    watersprout

JRK thank you! Both hubby and I always said we would rescue animlas as there are too many being PTS in shelters and pounds... I am not a fan of the puppy/kitten cuteness faze, they are to much hard work, like newborn babies lol!

Peace

• JRK
    JRK

Please post pictures when you get it.

JK

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Congratulations! I'm on my second Jack Russell and they are---well INSANE. But goodness how I love my little dog. I don't know much about Chiuauas, but JRT's are very smart and submissive, but incredibly energetic. They can always find a way around a mandate to get into trouble, but then they look at you with those perky ears and it's too funny.

NC

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

that's great take good care of him and shower him with love.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit