What Term Can Replace "Publisher" ?

by OnTheWayOut 31 Replies latest jw friends

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Indulge the possibility that, as profits from printed materials become thinner, Watchtower might want to stop having members carry printed materials to the homes of many. I know it will probably go through more phases of "cheapening" the materials (softcover books, pamplets instead of brochures, flyers instead of pamphlets) but let's consider the idea that they will one day cease delivering anything printed.

The door-to-door work is huge in controlling members and monitoring loyalty. Pioneers are their biggest supporters. Will they still carry their message? Will they go to having members print the material themselves at home and carry the burden of expense? That would bolster the term, "Publisher."

Or will it go some other way without printed material? In that case, at the huge conventions, what new term would they introduce for members instead of "publisher" ?

Serious and sarcastic remarks are welcome. We all enjoy a good laugh. I will start it out. Members still going door-to-door could be called "messengers" short for "messengers of the good news." Or, in Borg fashion, members can be called "drones" as they are known for not thinking for themselves.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

slave

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Here's a few that come to mind:

Sap, fool, patsy chump, dupe, easy mark, fall guy, joke, laughingstock, sucker, idiot, moron, butthead, target, victim, sad-little-bunny, pathetic stooge, True Believer, blockhead, boor, clown, dimwit, dolt, dope, dumbbell, dummy, dunce, imbecile, lame-brain, lout, oaf, simpleton, clod, stupid person, disciple, follower, airhead, blockhead, boob, clodpate, dimwit, dodo, dope, dork, dumbbell, dumdum, dunce, goon, ignoramus, lamebrain, lunkhead, meathead, nitwit, simpleton, schlemiel, schmuck, sitting duck, soft touch, trusting soul, whipping boy, lamb to the slaughter, scapegoat, bumpkin, nincompoop, simpleton, weakling, weak-minded ...

I'll let you know if I think of any more.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Or, if you prefer it in an alphabetized list form:

• Airhead
    • Blockhead
    • Boob
    • Boor
    • Bumpkin
    • Butthead
    • Chump
    • Clod
    • Clodpate
    • Clown
    • Dimwit
    • Disciple
    • Dodo
    • Dolt
    • Dope
    • Dork
    • Dumbbell
    • Dumdum
    • Dummy
    • Dunce
    • Dupe
    • Dweeb
    • Easy Mark
    • Fall Guy
    • Follower
    • Fool
    • Goon
    • Gullible - BTW, did you know this word is NOT in the dictionary? Look it up!
    • Idiot
    • Ignoramus
    • Imbecile
    • Joke
    • Knucklehead
    • Lamb To The Slaughter
    • Lamebrain
    • Laughingstock
    • Lout
    • Lunkhead
    • Meathead
    • Moron
    • Nincompoop
    • Nitwit
    • Numbnuts
    • Oaf
    • Pathetic Stooge
    • Patsy
    • Sad-Little-Bunny
    • Sap
    • Scapegoat
    • Schlemiel
    • Schmuck
    • Shit-for-Brains
    • Simpleton
    • Simpleton
    • Simpleton - I know, but it bears repeating!!!
    • Sitting Duck
    • Soft Touch
    • Stupid Person
    • Sucker
    • Target
    • True Believer
    • Trusting Soul
    • Victim
    • Weak-Minded
    • Weakling
    • Whipping Boy
  • OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

"UnPaid WatchTarded Slave"

You can be/Just like me

You can Work for the Watchtower/For Free!

http://us.123rf.com/400wm/400/400/andreblais/andreblais0805/andreblais080500048/3062756-energetic-salesman-smiling-businessman.jpg

..................... ...OUTLAW

• ballistic
    ballistic

Can it be changed to pub-goer??? They could witness from pub to pub. I would sign up! ;)

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Pub to pub we go, drinking of the Beer-dom,

Mouth-to-mouth we go, proclaiming with raised mugs,

The Good News that Christ Jesus,

Commissioned his disciples,

To make known from pub-to-pub and mouth-to-mouth!

• designs
    designs

Fuller Brush Salesman

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

Village idiot...x number of publisher

• unshackled
    unshackled

The Walking Dead.....aka zombies

Share this

Google+
Pinterest