Feb 2012 public WT - they dare to comment on Harold Camping!!!

by Mickey mouse 47 Replies latest jw friends

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

It's God's Organization, they can say whatever the hell they want. If you don't accept their explanation, so what, they're God's Organization. Are they prophets? Yes, but not inspired prophets, they are spirit directed, there is a difference, cuz God's Organization said so.

• steve2
    steve2

The Brooklyn papal authority has spoken and it can pretty much call the kettle any damn color it wants. So there!

• cult classic
    cult classic

The nerve of WT is unparalleled by any other religion in the world.

• the-illuminator81
    the-illuminator81

Dear Harold,

Instead of saying you got the calculations wrong, tell your followers that they imagined things and got too excited, and then remove all evidence that you ever said when the end would come. It worked for us!

Sincerely,

Your loving Christian Brothers from the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

@ LostGeneration. I liked your rebuttal too. I took the liberty of adding just a few more words to it.

Rebuttal:

Some believed Armageddon would come in 1914. It did not. Thus the prophecy of the WTBTS rang hollow.

Some believed Armageddon would come in 1925. It did not. Thus the prophecy of the WTBTS rang hollow.

Some believed Armageddon would come in 1975. It did not. Thus the prophecy of the WTBTS rang hollow.

Some believed Armageddon would come before the generation that saw 1914 passed away. It did not. Thus the prophecy of the WTBTS rang hollow.

Does anyone hear an echo in here?

• nugget
    nugget

The problem is that many do not remember as far back as 1975 nor do they appreciate the many changes in doctrine. With the constant sterilising of old literature and the repositioning that takes place, coupled with the fact that most do not read the magazines and sleep walk to meetings, it means that they can say this stuff and it doesn't even register on the radar.

I am so sorry for all those trapped in this nonsense by their own apathy.

• iarts
    iarts

Wow!

Harold Camping isn’t so bad though; after all, he was a factor in waking me up to ‘the truth’!

Back in May, I was still an active witness, but had just recently started listening to those nagging voices in my head regarding what we’d all been taught as JW’s.

When I heard about him and his followers spending all their money advertising the Rapture, I immediately thought “What a bunch of nutcases!”

No sooner had this thought popped in my head, than I realised the sheer hypocrisy in my thinking. What he was preaching wasn’t SO different from what I was preaching door-to-door. And his actions and those of his followers were just as sincere in their efforts as I was.

If I could look objectively at what they were doing and see the craziness of it all, what does that say about my own actions?

A door was opened in my thinking that could never be closed....

Maybe something useful will come from this article – I know I wouldn’t have been able to talk to anyone on the service about this article. Maybe it will wake up a few other JW’s to the foolishness of what they’re doing.

• Joliette
    Joliette

Those hypocritical BASTARDS!!!

I swear I wish Anthony Cooper would do an expose on them!

• Joliette
    Joliette

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!! These are the kinda articles that make me feel like pulling my hair out!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

The witlesses are even worse. First, Camping did not blame the victims for selling out when October 22 came--which is more than the witlesses can say in 1976. And this was a one-person outfit. True, many people fell for it in some way. But, most did not sell out totally--relatively few actually sold out to this. The witlesses were hounding people to sell out, giving up education and careers so they could pious-sneer from way back in 1969. Then, they were unprepared for the real world in 1976.

Then, once the witlesses fall flat on their faces, they are still hounded to pious-sneer. When Camping was wrong, he simply came up with a new date. When the witlesses were wrong, they came up with "We should be thankful for whatever undeserved kindness Jehovah is affording people, and take advantage of this time so we can reach them all." Hence, the witlesses have wasted another 36 years pious-sneering, after 1975 came and went.

Another bad thing about the witlesses is that they are expected to believe rubbish even when it is proven from their own Bible to be rubbish. And to waste all their time and money. Camping might have got a lot of people to donate money that once--the Washtowel harasses everyone in the congregation to donate all their money (and then some, with those new credit card terminals in a$$embly hells). And, how many Camping followers were supposed to waste all their time spreading the cancer, plus having to obey stupid rules where if you break one, it renders wholly invalid everything they did?

Yes, Camping was bad. However, the Washtowel Babble and Crap Slaveholdery is even worse.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit