Is living the moment all we have?

by Knowsnothing 9 Replies latest jw friends

• Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing

The past is gone. The future isn't here yet. There is no certainty of an afterlife.

Do you live the moment, get the most out of it? Or do you just go by life's motions?

I am guilty of going through the motions, life's daily routine. But, there is something special about truly enjoying the now, as opposed to pining for something pleasant in the past, or hoping for a better future.

Do you realise, even in the thinking of past or present, it is done in the now?

What do you think?

• cantleave
    cantleave

Make the most of every minute.

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

I think it's very important to pluck some joy out of every day - even if the bulk of the day is going through the motions or if you're going through a difficult time. By looking for and finding the joy, there's less time to fret about tomorrow and dwell on yesterday. Sometimes it's watching other people laugh together, sometimes it's seeing something in a moment that strikes you as comical and having a laugh on your own - whatever it is that you can stop and enjoy is worth it and can change your day. I suppose that's a way of living in the moment, realizing that this moment won't come again so damn it I'm going to enjoy it!

• isojourn
    isojourn

Since there is still no solid evidence about what happens after we die. Aside from decomposition. Living in the moment is a lot better than not living at all, or living in fear.

• undercover
  • Dagney
    Dagney

Eeeeyep!!

• designs
    designs

On our property are Oaks over 400 years old. An old timer in town showed me where to find an Apple Orchard that his father had planted up near Mt. Palomar Observatory over 100 years ago, its still there and still producing Apples.

Do something that will last, something people 400 years from now will walk by and admire.

• Twitch
    Twitch

Truth beyond a doubt. All else is conjecture and faith.

Carpe diem.

• dontplaceliterature
    dontplaceliterature

According to Solomon, it is. Read Ecclesiastes. Eat, Drink, Die.

• Inkie
    Inkie

You can only live in the present. The past is gone and the future has yet to arrive. The present is it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit