newbie here!

by greven 28 Replies latest jw friends

• borgfree
    borgfree

Larc,

Sorry, I have been at work and did not get a chance to respond.

Also, sorry to hear of the death of your battery.

I don't think I had Iowa history when I was in school, I am not sure if Iowa was even a state then, so your foggy memory is centainly better than my non-existant memory.

Thank you very much for the lesson, I am truely amazed at all of this unintended education I have received today. I have been greatly new-lightened. Didn't know about Ditto and Iris' son Sam, did Sam have a son?

About the baby thing, I over-heard someone say that they did not come from storks! Could that really be true?

Thank you again for the history lesson.

Borgfree

• butalbee
    butalbee

Just wanted to post and say Hello!!!!!!!

• bigfloppydog
    bigfloppydog

A BIG WARM WELCOME TO YOU GREVEN

• greven
    greven

hello everybody!

sjeeezz, I never expected this! ibid just is ditto. hmm feel a bit silly now. I had good fun reading the replies. some were...well NUTS.
    about my screen name, Greven: its does not refer to some church burning or something like that. in fact it is a fantasy character from a very "worldly" collectable card game "Magic the Gathering". this character intriged me for he does evil, but not because he is, but because he is coerced into doing so by some leader that controles him by mindcontrol techniques and torture. sort of how I felt for bringing evil door to door while being under controle of the org.
    and my e-mail is just what hotmail did to necromancer. like it was a first and last name. weird.
    oh and guys I have updated my profile so it now contains a bit of who I am.

you guys are really really NUTS! but don`t bother to change.

greven

"Fear is strange soil. Mainly it grows obedience like corn, which grows in rows and makes weeding easy. But sometimes it grows the potatoes of defiance, which flourish underground."
    -from "Small Gods" by Terry Pratchett-

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

Angie!

[Plum's right:
    Ditto = Ibid]

I fell off my chair!

This one is going on my calendar.
    For what it's worth i'll take it.

plm

• larc
    larc

Borgfree,

Thank you for expressing you condolences over my dead battery. We wanted to give it a proper funeral, but they would not allow a funeral service at the Kingdom Hall. You see, it was an apostate battery. My wife and I just held hands, said a silent prayer, and gave the battery to the Midas Muffler guy. It was a touching moment.

Now, regarding storks and babies. I am not sure on this one. This whole subject gets me all confused.

• AlanF
    AlanF

Ibid is shorthand for ibidibidibidibidibi... Or eebeedeebeedeebeedeebee... -- a standard phrase in Watchtower publications.

AlanF

• borgfree
    borgfree

Larc,

I really got a charge out of that.

(somebody had to say it)

Borgfree

"True patriotism doesn't exclude an understanding of the patriotism of others" Queen Elizabeth II
  • DanielHaase
    DanielHaase

Greven! Welcome aboard to your new foster family.

"Brother, you better get down on your knees and pay...a thousand more fools are being born every f***ing day" -Bad Religion

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit