Why would Jehovah pick Russell, erm, the Watchtower...

by dgp 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

dgp,

GREAT HEADING. Your thread was in my Google email in-box this morning! And it was also in email inboxs at Bethel and tens of thousands of current JWs. (google alert-for "Jehovah")WELL DONE.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

If I were God (and not fully human), I would just reform the Catholic Church b/c the apparatus and tradition is already in place. The Vatican constantly reforms itself. Well,not instantly. or choose a interdenominational group of the mainstream Protestant churches, and use that body. Starting from scratch and using people who believe in Pyramids sacredness is wonky.

Actually, my answer reveals my culture. Most of the world is neither Catholic nor Protestant. So maybe converting Stalin and Mao. Perhaps converting Gandhi. We tend to be so Europecentric, esp. me.

Among Christian groups, I would choose the Catholic Church b/c they are used to being told what to believe without researching the Bible. This is a gross oversimplification. But Tyndale was burned for translating the Latin Bible into vernacular English. It would be important to suck in worldly leaders, too.

I laugh so hard about the Mormon angel Moroni and outerspace, Native Americans being a lost tribe of Israel. Yet what are the chances the Holy Spirit would land in Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh before the economic revival. God should choose a major world city. Nothing has the cache of the HOly Land. The Holy Land seems almost neutral as a location. England and France do not have to go to war to decide if God is French or English.

So God choose someone who has the exact Federation coordinates for where God physically resides. I could be wrong. Paul wrote of the folly of the cross. People had great difficulty believing that the Messiah was a worldly loser and heinous criminal. It does push my cultural buttons.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit