Why would Jehovah pick Russell, erm, the Watchtower...

by dgp 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• dgp
    dgp

If you look at the pictures of Charles Taze Russell, you find that the man has a goatee. Or more than that; whatever. Anyways, if Jehovah dislikes beards, how come he picked the owner of a prominent one as his faithful and discreet slave?

On the other hand, if Jah chose an organization, and not Charlie, as "some said", why didn't Jehovah pick the Catholic Church instead?

See: No one, not even the present Faithful and Discreet Slave, denies that there has been "tacking in the wind" and "new lights", and "present truth", "past truth", et cetera. So, no one denies that the doctrine has changed. Wouldn't it have made more sense to pick the Pope as Faithful and Discreet Slave, give him one hundred and forty-four beams of new light, and get the Catholic Church to believe what the present Faithful and Discreet Slave believes, and voilá? Fewer people would die when the time left were nil, field work would have been done by millions, preaching would be easier, the governments would have been on their side, the Faithful and Discreet Slave would have started out rich already, instead of having to invest in hedge funds, et cetera.

Don't you guys think so?

Why would Jehovah make it so difficult to save people by picking just a few guys, instead of several hundred million? Instead of beginning in Pennsylvania, Jah would have started out with an entire subcontinent and several European countries.

Opinions?

• Ding
    Ding

I presume the WT reply would be that the Pope or other leader of Christendom would never have humbled himself and changed his teachings.

What puzzles me even more than the facial hair point is how a JW can believe that Jesus in 1919 inspected the WTS and found it to be faithfully providing pure spiritual food at the proper time when even the GB now believes that about 90% of what Russell and Rutherford taught in those days was flat out wrong.

• dgp
    dgp

Ding, the facial hair thing was just a way to present precisely your idea. Russell's beard just happens to be one prominent feature of his that they just can't hide.

On the other hand, the idea is not to find what the Watchtower would say to justify itself. That, we can take for granted they will do. Put yourself in "God's" position. If you're going to change whatever they teach anyways, why would you have to start out with the small group? Would anyone choose that?

• Larsinger58
    Larsinger58

The critical observation here is that if the WTS considers itself the "faithful and discreet SLAVE" then it presumes a "slave" is the leader of some Christian sect. Elsewhere in the Bible we find the Christ sending out up to 10 SLAVES to do business. Some do business and have a 10-fold increase, and another 5-fold increase and so on. Then there is one "evil slave" that buries the investment and returns it, even without interest. (By the way, I tbhink the gospels are the only reference of banks charging interest, even in the 1st Century! I find that amazing! Anyways...)

Bottom line is that the WTS as the master "slave" over their own organization proves there are at least 9 other organizations where Christ is gathering sheep. In fact, if the WTS is the evil slave organization, which it is, then the message to the "little flock" is to the faithful anointed within thne WTS who are told they are removed from this organization and brought to another fold. It says, "Have no fear, little flock... I have other shee NOT OF TIS FOLD." So, yes the WTS is a place where some sheep are gathered, specifically, the "little flock", but Christ is gathering in other places as well!! Thus the WTS is not the only organization where Christ is gathering his holy ones!!!

Where are these other flocks. The WTS, acting as the public TEMPLE organization is the public place where the elect are being gathered. All the other 9 slave sects (10 represents earthly completeness, so no specifically nine) are secret. As Revelation shows, the woman fleeing from Satan at the time of the second coming has a place prepared for her in the "wilderness" (which represents secret socities and underground cults and sects). Thus the faithful "five wise virgins" of the anointed of the WTS are inducted into secret sects and spiriitually removed from the WTS cult. This is done at the time of "harvest" meaning after Christ has arrived in 1992.

So bottom line, Jehovah did use this organization and Russell to preach the "good news" and for his purpose, eve n though it was always a "what and weeds growing together until the harvest" organization. When the harvest time arrives during the 12th hour (7 years from 1991 to 1998), that is when the true sheep are separated from he goats, the true wheat separated from the tares.

The WTS, believing it is the "only true religion" won't deal with the parable of the 10 slaves, clearly showing Christ gathers in more than one place and has "other sheep not of this fold", maaning other sheep than the WTS. LS
  • designs
    designs

Lars-

Your ideas remind me of some of the Watchtower studies we had on 'Flocks' and 'Pens' and the 10 Faithful back in the 60s.

• teafortwo
  • Think About It
    Think About It
    Lars-
    Your ideas remind me of some of the Watchtower studies we had on 'Flocks' and 'Pens' and the 10 Faithful back in the 60s.

Could you imagine a hot summer (w/o AC) of Tuesday night bookstudies of Lar's idea's? Man....you would be begging for Freddie's stuff.

Think About It

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

dgp: Good questions. However, please remember that WT theology is focused on a 'sacred secret' that will not be known to the masses. The God they worship has no intention of saving the majority. Like "in the days of Noah", a very limited number of people will escape God's wrath. The rest will have their throats slit by Jesus Christ and his Executionary forces at Armageddon, which may arrive as early as today.

• dgp
    dgp

It is very enlightening for me to know that Jehovah does not mean to save everyone. Now that is something.

You see, in all my years as a Catholic I was told that God wants to save us, only we don't listen. We'll have to face him on the Day of Doom, but we will sort of have it coming. His mercy knows no bounds, but we don't listen.

This is quite a surprise for me, coming from a religion that demands so much preaching from their members. It sort of makes you think that the whole field service is worhtless anyways. Not only Jehovah does not mean to save everyone, he also demands that you preach, in full knowledge that he will destroy most people anyways.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

This is quite a surprise for me, coming from a religion that demands so much preaching from their members.

If you view the preaching (selling literature/keeping busy) from the standpoint of religion, it makes no sense. There are many more effective ways to warn seven billion people that the everyone on the planet except for JWs will be executed shortly.

If you view it from the standpoint of a high-control group operating a publishing corporation, it does make sense.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit