What are the reasons?

by neyank 31 Replies latest jw friends

• STRUGGLE
    STRUGGLE

This is a sight where only people who were and are still are associated with JW's truly understand.
    It gives you diffrent angles, personailties to view various topics. People who have been there, done that type of thing.

This is a place for a person like me who is still active, but could'nt and would'nt dare obtain advice from the congregations elders, pioneer etc. It is not a stumbling block. I even told a girlfriend about it.

• mommy
    mommy

When I found this board, I discovered feelings I thought I had buried YEARS ago.And it is helping tremendously!
    ENUFF SAID:)
    wendy

• neyank
    neyank

Hi Struggle,
    You said you're still active. Do you still go out in service?
    I ask because for me, I couldn't bring myself to go out and tell the people that the only way to properly serve God was to become a JW.
    Just wondering.
    neyank

• thinkers wife
    thinkers wife

I reflect everyone's thoughts here to a certain extent. This db is also a support group for me. It is so wonderful just as RHW put it to find other intelligent people with common experiences to interact with.
    It has also been a great healing place for me.
    Actually, I think my non-JW husband is more interested in the actual premise of the JW's than I am. I've been there and done that.
    Trevor, I felt the same way as you about f.s.
    Happy to be Free,
    It is always my fear that others will be sucked in. And I regret terribly the one's I have sucked in personally. It is the bane of my life. I am a people lover, which is why I preached in the first place. It was my way of "saving some of the world".
    TW

• thinkers wife
    thinkers wife

Ooops! It was Neyank with the f.s. thing not Trevor.
    Trevor, Definately the common ground.
    TW

• Frenchy
    Frenchy
    I don't think he created us to contemplate the future.

Contemplation of the future is one of the things that sets man aside from the animals. We have a sense of time past and of future time. We plan and we build for succeeding generations. This occupation with the future is part and parcel of the very fabric of humanity.
    We spend a great deal of the present planning for the uncertain future. The future is a real concern for all humans.

-Seen it all, done it all, can't remember most of it-

• happytobefree
    happytobefree

Frenchy,

I find the future is a main concern with those who have a somewhat Christian background. The only reason to be good is so you don't have to go to hell, or so you don't lose paradise. What's wrong with doing the right thing, because you want to.

I believe if you live your life in the moment (and make sound decisions) then your future will work out fine. But I find people who do things, only for what the future outcome will bring, most time have selfish motives. Whereas, the JW putting in hours, is it really to save lives or to save theirs - and also to get the praise from the other shallow people.

That's my 2 cents

Happy to be Free (Me)

• STRUGGLE
    STRUGGLE

To Neyank

Sorry it took me so long to respond.
    I was a "regular pioneer". I don't know what exactly change for me. Yes I still go out in service. In my post under confessing, I told the elders that I don't go out in service. Compare to the hours I use to put in I don't. I only have two hours for the month. At the moment I still give talks. But I sense my joy is leaving.

I encourage people to read their Bible. I tell them don't listen to what man has to say. Neyank I don't take everything that come out of the mouth of the speaker (elder) at face value. I have a mind. Jehovah's word is law, the Bible says do not take away, or add to it.

Again I was raised in the truth. Alot of things embedded in my brain.
    Thrid generation JW. But I have always, reasoned things out for myself. Like if I was told not to socialize with wordly people because of 1 Cor. 15:33. I use my own judgement. You have to watch your association in the truth also. Just becasue a person is not a JW,
    does not make them a "bad" perosn.

Edited by - Struggle on 14 January 2001 18:24:53

• thinkers wife
    thinkers wife

HappytobeFree,
    We really think a lot alike. Whenever I go to post you have pretty much already said what I would.
    Struggle,
    STUDY, RESEARCH, COMPARE, you may find some interesting things. Don't just use the Societies publications. Research everything and compare it to the Bible, not what you have learned. Your concept may be completely different.
    TW

• happytobefree
    happytobefree

They say great minds THINK alike.

Happy to be Free (Me)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit