My recap of yesterday's Watchtower study...

by sir82 25 Replies latest jw friends

• sir82
    sir82

...for those of you who missed it:

Ahem....

WE are the faithful and discreet slave! WE are ANOINTED by JEHOVAH himself! OBEY US! To disobey us to EXACTLY EQUIVALENT to disobeying GOD! Don't be like Korah, who DISOBEYED and died a VIOLENT BLOODY DEATH SCREAMING like a BABY! WE are every bit as anointed as MOSES HIMSELF! OBEY US OBEY US OBEY US because JEHOVAH is working through US!

Oh, by the way, Jehovah hates it when people are prideful and arrogant.

And what's the best way to prove you are not prideful and arrogant?

OBEY US! SHUT UP AND DON'T COMPLAIN! WE are ANOINTED by JEHOVAH! Disobey US, and YOU will MOST CERTAINLY DIE VIOLENTLY, SNIVELING and SCREAMING like a little baby, just like Korah!

Aren't you glad you can serve Jehovah this way?

• N.drew
    N.drew

LOL

• sabastious
    sabastious

Yes master, kill the ones that oppose us. *droooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooollllllllllllllllllllll*

-Sab

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Wow...that bad?

I've been trying to stop reading those study articles, they are just so over the top with "faithful slave" worship.

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

Sir82 Exactly. When logic and reasoning cease to be effective, there's always the good ol' fashioned fear of being destroyed card for cults to utilize in order to get their flock back in line.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

Are they getting worse or is it just me looking in and seeing the stupidity?

• sir82
    sir82

It just kills me that half the article is about how Jehovah hates those who are prideful and overconfident....

....while the authors spend the other half of the article saying how they themselves are so gosh-darned wonderful and deserving of abject obedience and submission.

• drewcoul
    drewcoul

FoundSheep: I think they're getting worse. I don't remember growing up hearing hardly anything about the GB. The attitude I remember having was kind of like: "We have the truth because we study deeper things, and we rely on Jehovah for our direction." More or less.

Now the attitude is that you have to follow the Governing Body because Jehovah is directing them, and if we follow them, we are following Jehovah.

To me, its far worse than it used to be. I think old timers, even those who are still Witnesses probably agree, but are too afraid to say anything.

• Violia
    Violia

I recall my teen years hearing that Jehovah's Celestial Chariot was moving forward with or without us -would we get left behind? They were telling us then that me must give unquestioning obedience to Jehovah's org b/c our life would depend on it. I recall a "test" at a district convention . They asked for all to be quiet and no one move at all. The entire audience was quiet and motionless while I got up to go to the bathroom. he he

After being away for a while it all sounds so Jim Jones like.

• cofty
    cofty

Violia - that made me laugh I would love to have seen their faces!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit