The "Generation." what is the latest New Light Regarding It? CO from Fresno Area Confused Me!

by AvocadoJake 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Whichever generation is alive at Armageddon, that's the generation they meant

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

The over-sneer is just showing off. He's just pretending to be a 'watchtower intellectual'. It makes him feel important.

I don't know what the Titanic illustration is but I hope the WBT$ is like the Titanic and sinks.

Meanwhile, every bugger else cannot see the logic behind the 'overlapping' foolishness!

• Dutch-scientist
    Dutch-scientist

So in the future the dream of nebukadnessar has an third fulfillment when he dreams about 7 times:

The third explanation will be like one time is equal to one generation of 40 years. use 7 times 40 years and start from 1914. Mixed if needed prophetic years with moon years and solar years.

Or use the Noah style 120 years after 1914 or do some trick with 3.5 times = 3.5 generation which is this generation ( end times)

120 years contain 3 generations than you can add more 20 years and have 140 years after 1914.

Will the GB also puzzle to extending/confuse the whole generation theme where they know 1914 is wrong but they cannot change it.

DS

• Larsinger58
    Larsinger58

THE ACTUAL INTERPRETATIONS X 2:

1) "This generation" has two applications. One is 80 years past 1914 which ends in 1994. Before that time the second coming was to take place. It did. The 2nd coming occurred on December 25, 1992. So that's one fulfillment.

2) The other relates to Jesus' words that "some standing here would not die before seeing him in his kingdom.' This is a literal reference to the fact that in order to re-create the 12 tribes of Israel, individuals from the 1st Century who could prove their genealogy back to the original 12 tribes would be allowed to live through the ages, down to our time and marry into indigenous peoples to rec-reate the 12 tribes of Israel. Remember each tribe started out with just one person. This is in fulfillment of the prophecy at Isa. 60:22 where it says: "The little one himself will become a thousand, and the small one a mighty nation. I myself, Jehovah, shall speed it up in its own time." The "little one" and the "small one" refer to just ordinary individuals or common folk of no particular greatness. Speeding it up in its own time means they would have large families, at least in the beginning so that over a normal period their numbers would be great. For instance, if the first generation was 15-18 children and the next generation just as fruitful, in just two generations you'd have 225+ decendants. In 200-300 years you'd have a large nation numbering over a million. Out of those would be chosen 12,000 from each tribe to fulfill the 144,000 king-priests as promised to Abraham.

But the above also technically means that some from that generation of Jesus' day never died, so literally that generation did not pass away and was still here in 1992 when the second coming ocurred or when Christ's "presence" (active preparation for 2nd coming) began in 1874.

So either way, "this generation" not passing away is fulfilled. The concept of the 1914 generation not passing away is the correct concept, though, it's just that the WTS has the wrong chronology for the 2nd coming. It uses 607 BCE for the fall of Jerusalem instead of 529 BCE, the correct date.

God's word is true, but mankind are the liars, especially the WTS.

LS

• sir82
    sir82

I have no idea what those analogies are, but I can sort of guess...

I imagine the idea is that there was a generation that can remember both the sinking of the Titanic, and that saw the space shuttle program at work.

The people whose lives overlapped with that one generation are still alive today, so it makes up "one overlapping generation".

Wait that makes no sense.

Sorry, still don't get it.

• Ding
    Ding

Someone should ask the CO to show them just how far off the end could be if the new understanding is right. If he says we should be thinking about how close it might be, ask him to give you a date and watch him hedge.

I don't know what those analogies mean either. Never heard them.

Here's my take:

1. The Titanic sank.

2. One of the space shuttles exploded after launch.

3. Another of the space shuttles disintegrated during re-entry.

Sounds a lot like the prophecies of Russell, Rutherford, and Franz.

• Lore
    Lore
    big deal, over little

"Hey everyone, your only reason for believing that paradise is less than a decade away. . . yeah it's wrong. Nu-lite and all that."

"Turns out Jesus was high when he was talking about the Generation and actually meant something even more vauge then we had previously thought. And basically it could be another couple hundred years in this system instead of months. "

"But I'm not sure why you guys are making such a big deal out of it. It's not like you neglected saving for retirement or anything right?"

• Lore
    Lore

So my great-grandfather was alive when the titanic sank.

He was still alive when I was born.

So therefore I'm part of the generation that saw the titanic sink!

Does anyone else actually use that definition of 'generation' or it JUST a witness thing?

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Smoke and mirrors..

• jonathan dough
    jonathan dough

Much information here. Many websites devoted to it. Here's a list.

http://www.144000.110mb.com/directory/1914_generation_jehovahs_witnesses.html

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit