I feel Bilious, now, help

by Judicial Committee 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Judicial Committee
    Judicial Committee

Me and my wife took a nice pumpkin pie and some brand new pajama’s to my dear mother who stays at my sister’s house, she is ninety one (91) mind you, ok it was her birthday “but” there was no candle’s or a birthday card and she did need some new pajama’s. Ok, two weeks later, my brother in-law comes to our house and practically forces his way into the house, and proceeds to tell my wife who has never been a Jehovah’s Witness ever but does know their rules because I explained them to her, that he does not want no more holiday food in his house of any kind, (of note) his wife who is a Witness ate some of the home made pumpkin pie and if truth be known my brother in-law did too. Anyway I am trying to make some sort of sense of this, he comes to our house laying down the law of Jehovah’s Witnesses and insulted me and my wife “All over a simple homemade delicious Pumpkin Pie” which is my mom’s favorite, two weeks after the fact. I was forced to demand he leave the house, he became indignant at me and called me an apostate, and said I was mixed up in my head, additionally he knows I had a life threatening brain injury which left me with some difficulties.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Your BIL is a jerk.

• sizemik
    sizemik

Yeah . . . a JW jerk (the worst kind IMO)

Good work asking him to leave the house . . . you don't have to tolerate that. Maybe let him know that it'll require an apology before he's allowed back in it. Don't let him get away with such awfully bad behaviour.

• tec
    tec

He had no right to barge into your home and lay down any law. I hope you don't feel bad for making him leave. You and your wife did something nice, out of love for your mother. That he can only find fault with that is on him... not on you. You continue to act in love as you want!

Peace to you and your wife,

Tammy

• lilbluekitty
    lilbluekitty

They ate the pumpkin pie but yet they have a problem with it?? Looks like he's the one with the life threatening brain injury...

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

He is a self-righteous prick that is obeying the letter of the law as it is handed down from the GB.

I grew up in a congregation that had an elder that was just like him. He reprimanded me and my 9 year old friend for admitting that we liked "devil's food cake". This man also successfully petitioned that "deviled eggs" be disallowed at any congregation get togethers.

This man certainly would have formed a judicial committee if he had found out that you had baked your mother ANYTHING on her birthday.

• bob1999
    bob1999

" holiday food"!!!???

What in the world is "holiday food"?

Some people have let this religion really mess them up.

Peace

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Well done, throwing him out.

Don't burden your mother with this, but reassure your wife that your BIL is a jerk.

You did a wonderful thing for your mother. Your BIL is the bad guy, not you.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Looks like he's the one with the life threatening brain injury...

lol. This.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

I haven't researched this at all, but I THINK pumpkins were invented before Thanksgiving. They were all the rage when they first came out, along with turkey and ham. Now yams are a different story, they come from the yam fairy that was created by Thanksgiving enthusiasts. I'm thinking yams are a no-no. Barbecued unicorn is definitely on the forbidden list, but not because they are pagan, but because they are on the endangered species list. However I just had some broiled pegasus that was flavored with dill---to die for---I can tell you how to get it on the black market.

Star cookies are "okay" for the spiritually weak on the grounds that stars existed even before relgion, but if they are spinkled with pixie dust, you will go straight to gehenna. It would be wrong to eat a chocolate Santa Claus, but a chocolate Jesus is fine if you melt it and pour it over icecream. Now stuffing is particularly evil cuz everyone knows you can slip some demon blood into it. Miracle Wheat is still a go. If you have any other questions, please check with me. It's all categorized in my computer. Better to be safe on these very important matters.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xb_uBjoCBl4

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit