JW 11 Greatest FEARS

by JT 15 Replies latest jw friends

• jerome
    jerome

The first thing i realized when i started to research this organisation with respect to the image protrayed by its members was, i found that they would give as much [for all pratical purposes] respect to the organisation they are a part of as they gave to the Almighty.

When i asked them to explain why they got so defensive as when confronted with information reflecting negativetily on the organisation i got the responce that it was because it was Gods organisation. At that time i was biblically ignorant and left the matter there unquestioned but i knew that it sounded strange.

Now i am to find out it is because of an indoctrination process leading to the concept that organisation is directly from God Alimighty and has his approval and is thus infallible.

The above fears you mentioned pratically sums up why they would refuse to listen to reason pointing out the error of the organisation.
    They would only admit that the organisation has made mistakes because of its constitution of fallible human nature but since it has Gods approval it cannot be wrong overall.

I am now aware of another driving factor not only fear but hate.

I now have reason to beleave that the watchtower teaches people to hate people who oppose any part of their teachings
    thus creating a bias and refusal to accept factual information from them.

In effect the importance nolonger lies on weather or not the information is factual but it now depends on who it came from.

Hence the statement.
    "We do not entertain apostate literature!"

Where in the bible does it teach you to hate?
    I would really like to know.
    This of course presupposes the question as to weather or not the watchtower teaches people to hate.
    If hate is too strong a word to use well then i think mabe it is more along the line that they have no love for the indivusial.

the bible is a two edged sword
    wield it the wrong way and it you WILL cut yourself!

• butalbee
    butalbee

JT--reading this gives me the shivers. Every word you wrote is true 101% percent.

• jesussaves
    jesussaves

True,true, true.

I think their number one fear is the fear of apostates. Very powerful post JT.

• avengers
    avengers
    You have nothing to fear, but fear alone.
    Winston Churchil.

How true.

• waiting
    waiting

Howdy Jerome,

I now have reason to beleave that the watchtower teaches people to hate people who oppose any part of their teachings
    thus creating a bias and refusal to accept factual information from them.
    If you think back to Hitler; what were the primary emotional weapons he used against the Jews? Hatred and fear. The Nazis instilled this bigotry, encouraged it, fed off of it, and used it to their advantage.

Not much different than the WTBTS. Instill fear towards any who leave the WTBTS - and cleverly instill hatred through the use of the Bible.

Paraphrased scripture: "God hates an evildoer."
    A sinner is not an evildoer - he is imperfect. An apostate deliberately turns away from God & his organization, like "a dog returning to his own vomit." An evildoer.

Thus, it's biblical correct - even following God's own example - to hate apostates.

Round and round and round - the Watchtower way.

waiting

• Black Man
    Black Man

up...........

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit