JW 11 Greatest FEARS

by JT 15 Replies latest jw friends

• JT
    JT

Note: The Following Phobias May Be Hazardous to Your Health!

In fact many would say that these are a JW greatest fear either one of them or a combination of all of them

just something for YOUR FILES

JAMES
    ################

1. Fear of doubt

Witnesses often go through a real struggle with doubt in the beginning, and must suppress information contrary to the Watchtower. They soon learn to dismiss the doubts, but rarely resolve the discrepancies in their minds. Therefore, whenever something triggers doubt once more, or whenever their belief system is threatened, they get scared. It is based on doctrine rather than relationship with God. Doubt causes extreme anxiety and all effort will be made to avoid putting the self into situations where doubt may arise.

2. Fear of leaving the organization

Perhaps the greatest fear of all among Witnesses, due to the radical change it will make in their mental and social well-being. Not only does the Witness suppose he will suffer extreme guilt, shame and suicidal feelings, but he knows he will lose all of his JW friends, and any family members in the organization will refuse to speak to him. The JW's worst suspicions about himself and his inherent depravity will be confirmed. The likelihood is that Armageddon will come while he is disfellowshiped. The Witness believes he will have nowhere to go, and will live the rest of his life miserable and lonely.

3. Fear of success

Witnesses are told that to pursue a career in this system of things is dangerous, as IT will subject them to all sorts of distractions, mainly the love of money. The Witness is often made to feel guilty for pursuing a higher education, since their time is better spent going door-to-door in the "short time remaining" before the end of this wicked old system. If you already have money or a good education, one of two behaviors will be manifested towards you, depending on the spirit of your congregation. Either they will treat you with disdain for being so "materialistic," or they will look up to you as a fine example of someone who has power in the world and yet is successful in "the truth," which is supposedly also a good witness to others outside the organization. Many double standards!

4. Fear of "worldly" people

Since only "Jehovah's people" will be saved, all others will be destroyed at Armageddon. Regardless of how religious or God fearing outsiders may appear, they are "worldly" towards you, and are "bad associations." They will corrupt the good morals of the JW, and will be used by the devil to make inroads into the JW mind with doubts about the organization and will cause them to slack off in the witnessing work.

5. Fear of learning

Witnesses are cautioned not to "go beyond the things that are written," which is interpreted as meaning that they are not to think thoughts that the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses has not thought yet, or thoughts that may be contrary to Watchtower doctrine or policy. Thought-stopping techniques are used to avoid thinking thoughts that would bring on more doubt or increase the JW's internal dissonance (see the Jul/Aug 1987 issue of the Bethel Ministries Newsletter on "How and Why Someone Becomes a JW").
    The Witness is taught that higher education will result in "higher criticism of the Watchtower truths and a rejection of the authority of the Organization. Reading books not published by the Watchtower will put a person in danger of being influenced by other's wrong beliefs, and will lead to the pollution of the "pure language" spoken by Jehovah's people.

6.Fear of the devil

The devil is the one who unexpectedly tried to thwart God's purposes in the Garden of Eden, and has succeeded in giving God a complex. God cannot destroy the devil, for the angels would be concerned of his motives. He is in a bind, and must allow the devil to work out his plan. Since God is limited by the devil, the devil is seen as having a degree of power over the JW and is often feared.

7. Fear of close friendships

A sad feature of JW relationships is the encouragement by the leadership to spy on one's brothers, and if anything is unbecoming in their lives, they are to be confronted or turned in to the elders, or both (usually it is simultaneous). There is a "pecking order" in the organization, with the Governing Body on top, followed by Bethel workers and Circuit and District overseers, then the local elders, then the pioneers and ministerial servants, and the "publishers" on the bottom (women being least favored). Since confidences cannot officially be kept, and personal struggles admitted only at great risk of being chastised or "counseled," Witnesses cannot confide in their own, but ironically turn to non-Witnesses for confidences.

8. Fear of "APOSTSTES"

Those that leave the organization (for any reason) are described in the vilest of terms. They are "proud and egotistical, hating authority, liars, deceivers and fornicators" and generally feared by the JWs. They will take extreme measures to avoid even making eye contact with ex-JWs, and may move their residence.

9. Fear of God

The Watchtower may paint a kindly picture of God in their publications, but in practice God is austere and exacting once you are baptized. Salvation is never secure, and JWs can only believe they are saved on a momentary basis. Since a relationship with Christ is not promoted and the indwelling of the Holy Spirit is not taught, the believer receives no true joy of fellowship with God. Pride of personal and organizational accomplishments and the spirit of elitism fills the void.

10. Fear of Armageddon

Though death is seen as annihilation by the WT, there are special indignities visited upon those not fully immersed in organizational activities when the end comes. Their eyes will rot out of their sockets and they will suffer immolation at the hands of God. Armageddon is kept vivid in their minds, through pictures such as the one designed to scare small Witness children found in From Paradise Lost to Paradise Regained, 1958, p. 208209). Much fear is centered around the intense shame and despair that will surely be experienced as the JW sees their friends survive while they die.

11. Fear of other religions

All other religions are part of Babylon the Great, the World Empire of False Religion. God will shortly destroy all of Babylon with her "lovers," meaning all churchgoers and sympathizers. All religious objects or ceremonies are seen as demonic and dangerous, so all physical contact is avoided with anything religious. JWs are not allowed to attend weddings or funerals in churches, partake in traditional holidays or even give gifts at Christmas. Bibles other than the New World Translation are seen as tainted by Christendom's scholars. The fear of demonic attack is ever-present when a JW encounters other religions and/or fellowships with other religious persons.

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

Soooooo true, JT...sadly so true.

Just here recently on the board, someone brought up on the board the subject of DF and DA, and immediately one if not more pro-Watchtowerites stepped up to talk about those 'who leave Jehovah's organization'. <gag> <choke>

Talk about judgemental...and YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!!!

Hey, how's things JT?

In 1975 a crack team of publishers was sentenced to death by a judicial commiteee. They promptly escaped from the cult and now live life on the run. If you have a problem ... and if you can find them ... maybe you can contact the A--postate Team"

• larc
    larc

JT,

You usually write short, but wise observations. Now, this longer essay is powerful. WOW, that is good. I hope it stays on the most active list for a good long time.

• Beans
    Beans

#12 Fear of Self Gratification

Beans

• JT
    JT

Just here recently on the board, someone brought up on the board the subject of DF and DA, and immediately one if not more pro-Watchtowerites stepped up to talk about those 'who leave Jehovah's organization'. <gag> <choke>

Talk about judgemental...and YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!!!

##########

you got to love it smile--

Hey, how's things JT?
    ________

Busy as ever "Lady C" and myself are back in collge for the winter classes and we are busy as ever- we are in a "Philosophy class"

THE ART OF QUESTIONING

we are having a ball the teacher suspects something we ask to many questions and challenge him to much while the rest of the class is SLEEP

BUT HE LOVES US

a husband and wife team in one class he says it's the first time in his 11 yrs of teaching the class to have both husband and wife

we have taken all of our classes together for the last 2yrs and it is funny watching the facial expressions on the teachers and students

sometime we will pretend like we don't even know each other

and i will always be getting FRESH WITH LADY C and after awhile everyone will ask are you all dating

many times my wife will not use her last name

so it it fun

take care

james

• JT
    JT

Larc i fot that info from a post that we had over on H20

I HAVE USED it many times with NONJW and they are simply blown away with it

personally i don't waste alot of time with jw trying to convince them this ain't the truth - it takes too much time and energy and besides they have to WANT TO KNOW
    and for most they want to hold on to THEIR SHOPPING CART

but NONJW are very different they are eager esp if they have family in

and most black folks i know have at least one crazy cousin in the org and they have never been able to OUT TALK THEM and then here i come and supply with with a ton of info THAT BLOWS THE JW OUT OF THE WATER

• JT
    JT

Beans

excellent point

• JT
    JT

Larc

I got that info from a post that we had over on H20

I HAVE USED it many times with NONJW and they are simply blown away with it

personally i don't waste alot of time with jw trying to convince them this ain't the truth - it takes too much time and energy and besides they have to WANT TO KNOW
    and for most they want to hold on to THEIR SHOPPING CART

but NONJW are very different they are eager esp if they have family in

and most black folks i know have at least one crazy cousin in the org and they have never been able to OUT TALK THEM and then here i come and supply with with a ton of info THAT BLOWS THE JW OUT OF THE WATER

• jerome
    jerome

-----------------
    Witnesses cannot confide in their own, but ironically they can turn to non-witness for confidences.
    -----------------

I can personally lay my backing behind this statemnt as I have first hand experience with with such a situation.

The sad thing is, as soon as you inquire apon the reason which lead to their refusal to seek help from one of Gods qualified chosen people, who should supposedly be most capable of handling a situation involving a personal crisis, they defend their decision of witting avoidance of the ascertaining the relevant advice from an elder or loving brother whit a responce comparable to the statement:

------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I would rather not like to diveluge my personall experiences unnecessarily for fear of embarrssment."
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    above hypothetical quote from a jw.

Rather than admit that the organisation is illequipped to handel the situation at hand they would prefer to blame themselves rather than to address a matter which might open the door that could possibly cast judgement which reflects negatively apon the Organisation. The light of which is inconcieveable as the organisation itself is infallible.

This is in my opionion a form of selfinflected mental opression conjurged solel in this instance by the watchtower scoiety and it is a key factor leading to the phenomenon responsible for the depression of many active jehovah witnesses.

Execlent post.

the bible is a two edged sword
    wield it the wrong way and it you WILL cut yourself!

• JT
    JT

jerome says:

Rather than admit that the organisation is illequipped to handel the situation at hand they would prefer to blame themselves rather than to address a matter which might open the door that could possibly cast judgement which reflects negatively apon the Organisation
    #############

Jerome

you are messing around and getting TOO DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP ON US NOW

smile

great post point well on key- jerome makes the comment that:

"the organisation is illequipped"

and that is a very powerful statement yet it is so truem esp when you consider there are some 100,000 congo with let's say at least 3 elders
    we are talking about over 300,000 men who are going to be telling folks LIFE AND DEATH ANSWERS

WHEN you consider the education level of your avg elder around the world in africa, south america and other underdeloped countries

we are talking about some Bodies of Elders topping out with a 3 or 4th grade education
    and these are the dudes who will be giving:

1 Medical advice you know that "blood factor 4" stuff

2. Investment advice

3. Career advice

4. Emotional and psychological advice

CAN YOU SAY - we are going to have some problems

all elders are told that they have the BEST TRAINING IN THE WORLD

YET WHEN pressed even the Society Top Spokesmans JR Brown admits that elders are not cracked up to be what they are held up as being in the eyes of the local publishers

this so well describes the REAL QUALIFICATIONS OF ELDERS:

Paducah Sun 1-28-01
    Mario Moreno, associate general counsel at the church's New York headquarters,.
    J.R. Brown, public affairs director for the church,

Both Brown and Moreno said that the elders, who volunteer and are essentially untrained clergy, might err in their application of a policy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit