The True Nature of Reality

by ballistic 19 Replies latest jw friends

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

I love you talesin

We need to have patience with these people. Their brianwashed subconscious mind just doesn't allow them to "get it". That is, if they don't purposefully come here with the intent to keep people unconscious.

“Christ is in us, and we are in him! Why should the activity of God and the presence of the Son of Man within us not be real and observable? Every day I am thankful to God that I have been allowed to experience the reality of the Divine Image within me. Had this not been granted me, I should indeed have been a bitter enemy of Christianity, and of the Church especially. But thanks to this act of grace, my life has meaning, and my inward eye has been opened to the beauty and the greatness of dogma. I am enabled to see that the Church is my Mother, but that the Spirit of my Father draws me away from her into the wide world and into its battlefields. There I find, day in and day out, that the light is threatened with extinction by the ‘prince of this world’, the suffocating darkness of unconsciousness.” --Carl Jung.

Do ya think there might be something being hidden that prevents the masses from ?

Down with the Old World Order.

• Twitch
    Twitch
    We need to have patience with these people. Their brianwashed subconscious mind just doesn't allow them to "get it".

You mean it isn't us and them anymore?

lol

• TheUbermensch
    TheUbermensch

Don't know why the religious people of this board began discussing Adam and Eve or a "Primal Cause".

May I suggest the Internet Encyclopedia of Philosophy.

Anything you want to know about they give you a general (excellent) understanding from multiple different philosophers and/or psychologists.

iep.utm.edu

Also I suggest reading some Carl Jung (C.G. Jung), and Hegel.

I suggest reading articles on the IEP named: Consciousness, Hegel, Existentialism, Stoicism, Rationalism, Empiricism, and others (You could also just search "reality").

• Terry
    Terry

We can ONLY access really existing things through our senses. We have 5 opportunities to figure out what something is.

Before humans had clever (i.e. scientific) methods of testing their senses they just mades stuff up and taught it as TRUTH.

Most of it was crap, myth, superstition, ignorance and wishful thinking.

The idea of "other" and higher dimensions seems perfectly pointless to me. Why? We can't test it. So why bother with it?

The basic problem with human understanding is IMAGINATION can distort reality to bend it into a more...ummm...interesting story.

And we humans do prefer a good story to a ho-hum truth, don't we?

• bohm
    bohm

clicks in a detector

• Judge Dread
    Judge Dread

The true nature of reality is:

You don't even know if you are in a coma and your mind is creating all of this "reality".

You don't even know if you are just a character in someone's book and you have been created just for that purpose.

You don't even know if you are sitting in a padded cell in an insane asylum, creating all of this in your psychotic state.

You also could be sitting on a bus bench talking to yourself as others try to keep as far away from you as possible.

Pilate asked "What is truth".

I ask "What IS reality"

JudgeDreadWarlock

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

In The Doors of Perception, Aldous Huxley wrote: "'Each person is at each moment capable of remembering all that has happened to him and of perceiving everything that is happening everywhere in the universe. The function of the brain and nervous system is to protect us from being overwhelmed and confused by this mass of largely useless and irrelevant knowledge, by shutting out most of what we should otherwise perceive or remember at any moment, and leaving only that very small and special selection which is likely to be practically useful.' According to such a theory, each one of us is potentially Mind at Large. But in so far as we are animals, our business is at all costs to survive. To make biological survival possible, Mind at Large has to be funnelled through the reducing valve of the brain and nervous system. What comes out at the other end is a measly trickle of the kind of consciousness which will help us to stay alive on the surface of this particular planet…Most people, most of the time, know only what comes through the reducing valve and is consecrated as genuinely real by the local language. Certain persons, however, seem to be born with a kind of by-pass that circumvents the reducing valve."

This is where Jim Morrison came up with the name "The Doors".

• zagor
    zagor

Many once fringe ideas have eventually been accepted by mainstream physics and science in general. The fact that we have evolved with only 5 senses is only testament to what our ancestors needed to survive, if they didn't need it, it didn't evolve. If by some technology we were able to drop to the level of bacteria we might be amazed that they can live just fine without all these extra senses we have. And if they were able to reason would be dismayed by notion of needing to hear, smell, or see world around them.
    Science is work in progress, and what we know today will no doubt be revised or in some cases even rejected once more information becomes available.
    Like Shakespeare so eloquently said "There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
    Here is but one controversial finding.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSnVnyQA8UU

• ballistic
    ballistic

Terry, I don't find it pointless to think about other dimensions as a thought exercise, or at least as a way of lateral thinking to see what might turn up. Scientists don't even know how the universe started and yet speculate what happened so many fractions of a second after the big bang, but it's now becoming more fashionable not to believe in the big bang at all. One scientist recently said that time can't begin at any point because it is itself a logical contradiction. Pondering such things I don't get much time for, but if I have a spare 5 minutes I find it very absorbing.

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

"I have shown that the Phenomenology of Spirit serves as a kind of initiation ritual, an initial stage of purification that raises the mind above the sensory and the mundane and prepares it for the reception of wisdom. It is a Hermetic ascent to the Absolute…As a Hermeticist, however, Hegel regards God before creation as incomplete. To complete himself, God must know himself, and the immediate self-cognition God possesses before creation is not self-knowledge. Self-knowledge requires mediated re-cognition. It requires that the self see itself reflected in another and recognize itself there. The Philosophy of Nature portrays the spatio-temporal world as a mirror of God." - Glenn Alexander Magee

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit