The True Nature of Reality

by ballistic 19 Replies latest jw friends

• ballistic
    ballistic

Does any one have any good theories on the true nature of reality?

If you google this you come up with lots and lots of really wacky fringe science.

It's one of those things that shows just how little humans know about our existance or the universe.

Some of the more interesting things I've read, are that our 3 dimensions are just a construct, time doesn't really exist, and another essay explaining that we can't trust our senses and they actually tell us very little about the world around us which is really full of electromagnetic forces, waves of various types and sub atomic particles.

I have started a thread before something along the lines of, I think therefor I am. I exist on some level. Can you go further than that?

• talesin
    talesin

I really enjoyed this video, an interview with physicist Michael Talbot, about the Holographic Universe.

Maybe I already posted on yr other thread, if I did, let's just call it a 'menopause moment'....

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=59223213350926692

t

• Shanagirl
    Shanagirl

Hi ballistic, I believe there are other demensions or higher levels of a different plane and is ready to be experienced upon entering that plane or the 5th dimension. I have read that the ultimate manifestation is in the 7th density of the fifth plane of existance. The fifth dimension. I enjoy reading about all of this information about multidimensions and vibrational frequencies. It helps me to understand some questions I've had regarding the soul of entities. I'm still researching a lot of this stuff and don't come up with clear answers, but it does facinate me.

Shana

• talesin
    talesin

Shanagirl,,, I have been reading about this, too. It's interesting that science agrees, in that there are some physicists who feel we may be coming to a point in our consciousness that is the next step in our evolution.

tal

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Does any one have any good theories on the true nature of reality?

We have our five primal senses: touch, smell, taste, hearing and seeing. Those make up our physical reality as it is interpreted by our emotional and logical brain. Eventually, no matter where you start, you end up with a First Cause which you can choose to believe as a form of intelligence or not.

-Sab

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    there are some physicists who feel we may be coming to a point in our consciousness that is the next step in our evolution.

The conclusion drawn here is pseudo-science. A small number of scientists having a mathematical understanding of theoretical dimensions is not at all the same as a 'next step' in human evolution.

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

I think nobody came closer to hitting the nail on the head than Hegel.... in order to understand the nature of matter (something) we have to begin to comprehend the nature of "nothing". Check this out.... this is a fantastic website by the way.... I can't stop reading it since I found it a couple of weeks ago....

THE ENIGMA OF EXISTENCE

http://armageddonconspiracy.co.uk/The-Enigma-of-Existence%281361286%29.htm

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Read "The Magic of Reality" by Dawkins and that's about all you need to know. Multidimensional stuff is impractical for us to worry about at the moment, IMO.

• N.drew
    N.drew
    .... you need to know

LOL! Do you think we better read the book Mad Sweeney?

I believe time has to do with the riddle of the Garden of Eden and what "Eve" did.

I envisage my goal is to transcend time but only attached to love. You might be able to imagine that without love affecting time would be a bad thing, could even be a very bad thing. IMO

• talesin
    talesin

Jeffro --- PHYSICIST - do you know what that is? THAT is who I have been reading.

I am sick of people like you assuming that people who disagree with your viewpoint are uneducated morons.

Michio Kaku ( ?? ?? Kaku Michio ? , born January 24, 1947) is an American theoretical physicist, the Henry Semat Professor of Theoretical Physics in the City College of New York of City University of New York, the co-founder of string field theory, [ 1 ] and a "communicator" and "popularizer" of science. He has written several books about physics and related topics; he has made frequent appearances on radio, television, and film; and he writes extensive online blogs and articles.

Kaku became a visiting professor at the Institute for Advanced Study in Princeton, [ 4 ] and New York University. [ 5 ] He currently holds the Henry Semat Chair and Professorship in theoretical physics at the City College of New York. [ 6 ]

Kaku has had over 70 articles published in physics journals such as Physical Review, covering topics such as superstring theory, supergravity, supersymmetry, and hadronic physics. [ 7 ] In 1974, along with Prof. Keiji Kikkawa of Osaka University, he authored the first papers describing string theory in a field form. [ 8 ] [ 9 ]

Kaku is the author of several textbooks on string theory and quantum field theory.

Yes, Kaku is a 'pseudo-scientist' <heavy sarcasm>

screw you, and the horse you rode in on.

t

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit