Last weekends assembly low-lights in Newburgh, ny

by Silent_Scream 19 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Intel
  • OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The WBT$ D/O wouldn`t last here..

Bullshit WBT$ arguements would be destroyed in a heartbeat..

He needs a place where no one can debate him....A place where those that do,can be punished..

.......................;-)...OUTLAW

• lilbluekitty
    lilbluekitty

Interesting they work our concerns ("apostates") into their parts now...

Also, Newburgh brings back memories, when I was still "good" and therefore on the RBC, I served meals ("Slap and slide, sisters!" the bro. in charge would say as a bunch of little Hispanic ladies, and me, a tiny white lady all stood on milk crates slapping unidentifiable mush onto styrofoam plates, but I digress) when they were building it! Sorry I got a little off topic LOL.

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

Metatron - That is exactly the point. If there really was a Big A on the horizon......everybody already knows there is nothing anyone can do to delay it. What teh "good" brother did was make a baseless accusation. The "bad" brother never insinuated that the GB was delaying armagedon. All he did was display a question...or perhaps doubt. For all we know....he questions whether the Big A is coming in his life time. Maybe he questions if it is coming at all. Maybe he questions if it is "the truth" since the GB has been wrong so many times. We don't know. All we know is that he started to express a lack of faith in the latest interpretation of the GB....and the "good" brother quickly silenced his thought process by making the above noted accusation.

It is a classic straw man argument. The real argument was replaced with "how dare you think that the GB is delaying armageddon". The audience doesn't even realize that the argument being attacked by the "good" brother isn't even the real argument that was brought up by the "bad' brother. The "good" brother successfully attacks his own fabricated argument.....thus leaving the "bad" brother (and those in the audience) feeling remorsefull that his attitude could even have possibly been construed as being judgmental of the glorious GB. And just like that, the defense of a slyly self fabricated argument stops the other individual's critical thinking in its tracks.

The GB can't successfully answer the REAL question.....which is...."why do beliefs keep changing"? or "why have past prophecies not come true?" Therefore they have to create their own argument and then successfully defeat it....with the end product of "don't question the practices, motives or teachings of the GB" being driven home.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I think that they believe they still somehow....someway are God's organization. IF they have to create their own arguments to defeat then so be it. If they have to quote out of context then so be it. If they have to cover over their history then so be it. The "fact" that they are God's organization makes all "small imperfections" trivial. They have Roger Clemens syndrome. Just like he truly believes at this point in his life that he never did steroids.......they believe...through all the bullshit....that God is still directing them.

• minimus
    minimus

"New apostates", when they see clearly, the utter BULLSHIT, must feel like they're getting dope slapped for an entire weekend.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Interesting, too, is the "laughter" by the audience after bad pub says they keep "changing and changing...." Not having been there, I wonder if this is a nervous form of laughter like " Haha, yeah, what the hell is up with THAT.. HAHAHAHAHA" or is it more like "Hahaha, that poor stupid brother with his ridiculous thoughts like this is all just bullshit- he is so spiritually weak....HAHAHAHAHA "

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

Supposing your wife found a picture of George Washington in your wallet. What would you say? "Keep your theiving hands away from my wallet"

How do you think she would feel about that answer? Well, you really are idolizing money, aren't you?

• Silent_Scream
    Silent_Scream

Although i understand what is being said about the picture in the wallet illustration, without argument over semantics, it made sense to me. Every parable or illustration has small points which may be varied and seem unsuitable, for the point made, but idolatry is a practice that does not hold sustainable reasoning as to the practicality of it.

Also, there was a part entitled "Make God's Name Known as Full-Time Servants". Another guilt-trip ridden part. Pretty much, if you're not a pioneer, you suck. I love when they discuss the brother who is basically in a coma but still find time to pioneer. Or the sister with 14 kids at age 3 but can pioneer also. And the biggest slap in the face on parts like these is they normally interview the biggest frontin' pimps and hoes in the circuit. It's like they seek out the ones who everyone is asking why are they not df'd yet.

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Thanks for the notes!

What the Society is most afraid of I think is social networking.

In the old days, you had email and it was not possible to know your contact's friends. With Facebook, you can not only see who your contact's friends are, you can go to their profile and learn more about them.

The Society knows the power of communication and it has lost the battle, therefore it is bringing in apostate arguments into their talks and magazines (think of their recent defense of the 607 BCE date) in the hopes that whoever does not already know about our concerns will simply ignore them using the Society's straw-man arguments.

• Silent_Scream
    Silent_Scream

No problem truthseeker

So much for a religion that bases EVERYTHING on God's Word, unlike every other religion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit