Songs everyone should hear--at least once in their lives

by WTWizard 13 Replies latest jw friends

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

Wizard, most of the stations in my city still do those type of contests. You have to name up to 5 songs sometimes.

• TheUbermensch
    TheUbermensch

The Jam - In the City

Smiths - Smiths

Sonic Youth - Daydream Nation (Teen Age Riot is one of the greatest songs of all time)

Beatles - A Hard Day's Night (album, not song)

• LoneWolf
    LoneWolf

Wal, there's one new singer I'll stack up against any of the ones you folks have mentioned.

Have any of you heard Jackie Evancho sing? Someone like that comes along about once every 100 years.

She's only 11 years old, but what comes out of that little kid is unbelieveable!

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

There are over 400 Bob Dylan songs that are all many times better than today's download chart rubbish - IMHO of course.

Plus, of the rock genre - The Stones Brown Sugar , & Honky Tonk Woman etc , ZZ Top Gimme All Your Lovin' and many more

Soul stuff like Otis Redding Try A Little Tenderness , & Respect ...

Nobody should be without familiarity with the old blues guys , Muddy Waters Got My Mojo Workin, John Lee Hooker , Boogie Chillin' & acoustic songs by Son House eg, Death Letter & Robert Johnson et al....

Throw in a little Jazz and the Classic Symphonies and you are in acoustic melody heaven

The best thing about getting older is that your taste gets broader ......

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit