The New Elder School, Did It Really Help Teach You Something Helpful?

by AvocadoJake 15 Replies latest watchtower bible

• minimus
    minimus

I didn't go but here is the synopsis: DO MORE!!! LISTEN TO MOTHER!!!! REMOVE APOSTATES!!!! and of course, BE LOVING!

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

I see the week- long school as an extra shot of indoctrination in preparation for 2014 fallout.

• AvocadoJake
    AvocadoJake

Qoutes from the new elder school.

1. " You are here to serve the flock, guard them, make sure they are spiritually feed."

2. " If you are here for having your back slapped, enjoying praise from the brothers and sisters. Step down now."

3. " Love, Love, Love, if you don't have Love, you need to find a new religion."

4. " Learn to use the big Reference Bible, learn what those little letters in a scripture, cross refference, more information."

5. " The Sheep won't go out in field service, if you don't, take the lead, teach the sheep how to preach, sharpen their skills."

6. "Don't wait a year to check on a "fader." , time is against you, show love and find the lost sheep."

Now how has the school proved to be good for your Kingdom Hall? Do you feel the love, do you feel the bond?

• wheres caleb?
    wheres caleb?

AvocadoJake is correct.

I have to admit, one of my joys is giving elders a hard time. I enjoy getting inside their heads and making them doubt what they think they know. I know, it's petty but it is so much fun.

Why do I do it? Maybe it is because of all the misery they made me go though for so many years. Pay back!

The elder's school is such a joke.

I asked two elders to describe Jehovah to me. No specifics were mentioned, I left the question open ended for a reason. They proceeded with their comments. At one point it turned into a competition as I had anticipated. They both were very reverent and respectful about their God. In the end, after all their knowledgeable commentary, I asked them, "So why do you not demonstrate those qualities yourself?"

Stunned silence.

"You make spiritual assessments about the flock and you don't even take the time to get to know them", I said before they could respond.

"Makes sense to me", I mocked.

If elders learned anything, what does it matter?

• AwareBeing
    AwareBeing

From what we've experienced; love is last on the list, if at all.

Football! Yeah right! So many are hooked, they've got to be hidding it!

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    2. " If you are here for having your back slapped, enjoying praise from the brothers and sisters. Step down now."

Good lord, if they followed that admonition, they'd have no elders left.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit