Is true faith possible?

by freshstart 25 Replies latest jw experiences

• AGuest
    AGuest
    throw away your NWT Bible

Ooh, now see, I would never anyone to do that, dear ABS (peace to you!). Well, at least not the NWT Ref. Bible(the big brown one!) - there's quite a bit of good information in those footnotes. Now the regular black/green (or, if you had one bound, blue/red) one? Yeah, go 'head and toss those...

Peace!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• Inkie
    Inkie

Tec/Tammy: You wrote:

"Then one day, I just stopped doing all of that. I was in my car, the sun was on my face, the wind was blowing through the window, and I just placed myself in God's hands, and asked Him to lead me wherever he wanted me to be. I had such a calm wash over me. I understood then the meaning of 'cast your worries upon him,' and the peace that comes with it, because that is what I felt. Peace." (Emphasis mine.)

When it happened for me, that too is exactly what I experienced. A "peace" unlike any other that I have ever experienced. Thank you for sharing.

--Inkie

• tec
    tec

You're welcome Inkie. Thank you also!

Peace,

Tammy

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

We put our faith inmany things in the spac eof our day.

The issue is that most, if not al, of those things deserve our faith ( or so we believe).

We have faith that when we drive through an intersection with a green light that some idiot won't drive through the red and hit us.

We have faith that if we do our job we will get paid, we have faith in our spouses, etc, etc

The reason we have faith in these things is that we see tangible evidence to have faith and so we have faith.

This is faith with reason ( we have faith because we have reason to and we stop havingfaith when we lose the reason to have faith in something).

Yet, at the beginning we had to have faith with no reason to believe other than we had faith to believe.

We have faith in our partner untill we don't have a reason to believe that faith is warranted ( usually because they do something the compromises that faith we have in them) BUT we had to start having faith in them at some point and at THAT point we really had NO REASON to have faith in them at all, or did we?

• cofty
    cofty

BUT we had to start having faith in them at some point and at THAT point we really had NO REASON to have faith in them at all, or did we?

Really? I'm not so sure. We invest a small amount until we gradually increase our reason for trust. Faith in god invites us to make a massive investment without ever providing any rational reason for belief.

All the claims for personal experience are just subjective wishful thinking. You invest time, energy, money social relationships etc and of course you are going to see confirmation in every good feeling and fortuitous circumstance. Its a self confirming belief.

• AwareBeing
    AwareBeing

Dear freshstart;

Most here have gone through that. Many were lost around Stage III.

But the truth is hidden in the past. Please read about archaeology...

http://revelatoryawakening.wordpress.com/disciples-meeting-found-page/

PS: Nice catch sizemik!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit