Hi... haven't been on the forum for a while... an update on me...and my daughter, Ali

by coffee_black 19 Replies latest jw friends

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Well, it's been a while... Haven't been on the forum much lately. With Ali's last health scare, it has been a little overwhelming to keep up with everything...

Ali continues to improve, in fact, her heart has improved so much that her cardiologist wants to document her case and publish it. He has never seen someone improve so quickly. She has a great attitude after all she has been through. Now she's battling with medicaid...they want to downgrade her benefits... but, what else is new.

She has started writing a book. Her life would make an excellent mini series.... a few things that have happened to her, just to give you some idea:

Her childhood best friend died of a brain tumor at the age of 9. Ali was molested by a neighbor a couple of years after that... and i didn't find out until years later and the guy had moved. We were jws at the time. Ali knew by the time she was a teen that she didn't want any part of that... and left with me.

Ali was a model and actress in her teens.... married and had her first child at age 18. He turned out to be bi polar and a drug addict... but she stayed with him because she loved him, until all kinds of craziness... and she finally divorced him...which took 7 years.

Ali has 3 amazing children... The oldest is an honor student who walked from Orlando Fl to washington DC to raise awareness about homeless children. He was 14 at the time. During his trip, his sister was in a horrific accident, which required surgery to reconstruct her face. You would never know it to look at her now....

Ali's diagnosis of cardiomyopithy was just about a year ago... and during that time she has had some complications, including her pacemaker flipping, Mrsa and pulmonary issues. She is also a diabetic.

Regardless of all the crazy things that have happened to her, she doesn't give up... and continues to be a great mom. I am soooo proud of her!

So here I sit, on a Saturday afternoon, thinking about life with all its ups and downs... Made a pot of soup that is simmering on the stove and an apple pie that just came out of the oven. I'm recuperating after 3 days at a trade show...life is good.

Ali is 1300 miles away... and my son is 500 miles away, but I will see them and all my grandchildren soon.

Coffee

• watersprout
    watersprout

I'm soo glad your daughter is doing better!

I hope you are doing ok too CB!

Peace

• N.drew
  • charlie brown jr.
    charlie brown jr.

Good to hear.........

Missed You!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Yes life is good. I'm glad your daughter is doing better.

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Hi coffee, I'm new here. What an amazing family you have. I'll bet I know where they got it! Hope Ali's recovery goes smoothly from now on. Let us know when her book comes out.

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Coffee,

I love to hear good news like yours. You can be very proud of your daughter for her courage to keep on fighting to live a great life. I'm just as proud of my own daughter and I sometimes wonder how JW's still under the brain washed mind control can just write their kids off if they don't want any part of being a JW.

My kid comes first in my life and everything else is secondary as I am sure that you feel the same way.

Blessings and good vibes to you and yours.

HappyDad

• AGuest
    AGuest

GREAT news, all around, dear CB The greatest of love and peace to, your family, and dear Ali and her's, dear one!

Your servant, sister, and fellow slave of Christ,

SA

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

Coffee,

wish you were my neighbor I'd have some tea with you and chat

what a + aditude you and your daughter have

hope she continues to healFS

• ziddina
    ziddina

Wow, Coffee!!!

I'm so glad to hear that your daughter's health has dramatically improved!!!

GREAT news!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit