Really stupid comment from an elder (and he was completely serious!)

by freshstart 23 Replies latest jw experiences

• Farkel
    Farkel

: he's worried about his damn DVDs. I guess we shouldn't have let a little thing like being displaced stop us from returning his precious treasures sooner.

I've said this for decades, but I will say it again: dubs (despite all their claims to the contrary) are the most materialistic people I've even known.

"Oh, John! Don't you just LOVE that big home on the beach? Just think WE will have that home and all those cars after Armageddon. Jehovah be praised!"

They have to shovel up and bury the dead bodies, including the babies and toddlers in that home first, but that is a trivial matter to them. They want that HOME!

In the meantime, they must keep selling the propaganda that their religious Masters feed them and waste their own time and treasures promoting an endless line of bullshit and predictions which never, EVER happen.

Farkel

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

Now I think you guys may be rushing to judgment before we have all of the facts. What dvd titles went missing? Were they awesome dvds you wouldn't want to live without like Die Hard, the entire series of Seinfeld, the first 5 seasons of The Office (before it jumped), maybe some classics like Kojak, Twilight Zone? :-D

• sizemik
    sizemik

I understand the mans priorities . . .

When I recently fled a natural disaster, I risked my life to gather up all my borrowed DVD's before I fled. I didn't even have time left for the survival kit or the children.

• Farkel
    Farkel

: When I recently fled a natural disaster, I risked my life to gather up all my borrowed DVD's before I fled. I didn't even have time left for the survival kit or the children.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Glad to see you have your prioities in order!

Farkel, Collect the Children in any disaster but only after you collect the DVDs first CLASS

You silly.

• sizemik
    sizemik

freshstart . . . your husband must tremble at appearing before God's throne with borrowed DVD's in his possession.

This Armageddon thing's a real bitch for those of us with borrowed DVD's

• ShadesofGrey
    ShadesofGrey

LOL! Thanks for the laughs!

• Medina
    Medina

The Elder will not survive armageddon himself, its illegal to trade DVDs and make copys of them.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

He was probably worried that you would become sexually aroused by "Group Sex Vixens" or "Gran'paws loving Paws".

Jehovah will kill all self- pleasurers.

HB

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Generally I advocate keeping one's promises to return property in a timely manner and in good condition. However, there are times when that is impossible--in the event of a major disaster, that is one of those times. Someone's insurance should pay for the missing goods, and presumably payment via the insurance settlement should eventually be made. In the meantime, however, the hounders need to stay the fxxx out of the situation.

Or, perhaps, they should remember the scripture right in their own Bible that says that they will be judged as they judge others. Next time, it could be the hounder out of a job because the Rothschilds foreclosed on the company he works for, and he now owes someone a debt and is unable to pay it. That hounder could end up getting an equally severe judgment in that situation. I am presuming that they do abide by the Bible, as they claim the monopoly on doing so.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

freshstart your OP implies that said elder himself had not returned the DVDs he had borrowed. So what's his problem?!?!?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit