2011 stats

by diamondiiz 18 Replies latest watchtower bible

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

When and where do they publish their stats? Is it only in their yearbooks?

• factfinder
    factfinder

The YB does contain the service year report. It does not give any additional statisical info than what is on the chart. Eventually the chart will appear at either jw-media.org or watchtower.org- probably in or after January.

The chart was also included as an insert in the km a few years ago, I do not know if it still is.

Hopefully another poster will know.

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

ya, that's what I was looking for - service year report :)

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Yearbooks should be out any time now and someone usually scans and posts the report.

• blondie
    blondie

Here's last year's

http://www.watchtower.org/e/statistics/worldwide_report.htm

There doesn't seem to be any mention of the number of partakers.

• sir82
    sir82

Based on the dribbles that show up from time to time in the KMs, I'd expect another 2-3% increase in the US publishers, and around 3% or so worldwide. 4-5% increases in 3rd world countries, and 1-2% in Europe.

Rate of growth above the "born-ins" will as usual be around 0%.

They'll crow about "the little one becoming a thousand" as usual, but the numbers mask the ennui and malaise within the organization.

When the world economy finally starts righting itself and some of the pressures & fears of people begin abating, the rate of increase will slow and maybe even reverse.

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

Most US growth is in Spanish Halls. If they hadn't made the "15 minute" provision some secretaries submit every 6 months to prevent reporting a negative growth rate (inactive) there would already be a negative US number I believe.

• factfinder
    factfinder

I agree with you Balaamass-

I remember them mentioning at CA's in the 90's how meeting attendence had been dropping off among English speaking US congregations. I am sure this has continued. The increase is only taking place in the Spanish, and maybe Foreign-language, congregations. Otherwise the US would be reporting decreases the past decade or more.

It will be interesting to see if 2014 has any effect on the publishers or not.

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

This was posted in the Manhattan Project thread:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/218409/1/JW-Manhattan-Project

Today the WORLDWIDE REPORT that will be in the Yearbook was announced:

This year 20 branches were merged and 2 new were created for a total now of

The world had an increase of 2.4% (average publishers)7,395,672

Hours were up 6.4% to 1.7 billion.

Regular pioneers were up 6% 867,421 and auxiliary pioneers up 62.1% 466,911
    specials up 7.9% 28,423

16 seminars were held in 13 countries to teach an accelerated language
    course, resulting in 1000's learning the truth in their native tongue.

A pilot program was started in Manhattan where 4 couples along with selected
    pioneers will work in busy areas. In some congregation territories in
    Manhattan the ratio is 1:8,000 as many live in high security buildings.

Memorial attendance was up 3.6%, to over 19,374,377 million.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

eNGLISH CONGS IN lOS aNGELES WENT THROUGH ALOT OF MERGERS, ONLY TO BE REPLACED WITH FORIGN LANGUAGE CONGS. oops caps.

In many cases there was 2-3 english congs and one forign in a KH. Now it's more like 1-2 English and 2-3 Forign language congs

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit