"Feeling sorry for yourself" about being hit by your husband is not Christian 2/15/12 WT Page 25 P 12

by yourmomma 449 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

It is beyond outrageous. Beyond unconsciable.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

yourmomma:

Reading hateful articles like this makes me glad I am not married: especially to somebody in the religion. I am sure the little bit of sex a woman gets would not be worth it.

My non-JW mother wouldn't take physical abuse from my non-JW dad. She burned him once with a cigarette and told him not to be fooled by her size. I definitely got the impression that abuse was not something a woman should tolerate and something that I would never tolerate. This and all other religions can go to hell as far as I am concerned. They are misogynistic paradises.

• undercover
    undercover

I'm saying that WT is using the dialogue to teach only one point (Don't push people past their limits or bad things may happen). They may (or may not) denounce the use of force somewhere else.

I'm saying that the example teaches the woman how to redirect her own actions. Focusing on the actions of her husband is beyond the scope of the example.

And the WT failed miserably in their teaching on this.

There is no excuse...period...for hitting a spouse. You want to use this example on how to redirect your actions when dealing with somone who hits? You tell them to redirect their footsteps right out the door, never to return. There is no dialogue to be had with some one who hits.

Reading scriptures and turning the other Christian cheek will only get you beat up some more... if not killed.

What a stupid paragraph...and what a stupid defense of it.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

ok I have to be patient as my wife usually doesn't get the WT studied until the actual date of the study. When is the week this article will be reviewed? I really want to cover this with her, because her Mother was a domestic abuse victim. My wife watched her Mom get the shit beat out of her until my Wife got older and strong enough to say no more, and call the police.

This is by far, the most egregious violation of christian principles I've read to date from these sons of bitches. What's next? Domestic violence for Jah?

• agonus
    agonus

I'm building a bullet-proof shield from the casings of misfired bullets like 1914, No Blood, Shunning, The Governing Body, The Faithful And Discreet Slave Class, The UN NGO/Library Card, Mexico and Malawi, Ray Franz, The Overlapping Generation(s), and countless others. One of these days the GB will find a bullet lodged in their collective brain cell which has been deflected from that shield.

Or I may just take the gun out of their hand if I get tired enough.

• cedars
    cedars

wha happened? - It will be studied between April 23-29, that should give you plenty of time to figure out how to approach the subject!

Cedars

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Unfortunately, the WT$ has ALWAYS had this cavilier attitude about domestic violence. Years ago when I was desperately looking through the WT$ indexes to find info to help me decide whether or not to divorce my ex- husband,. I found the same council and "encouragement". One sister was held up as a great example because she endured REPETED BEATINGS and being LOCKED OUT of HER HOUSE in HER UNDERWEAR ALL NIGHT for YEARS!!!!!!! What "good" JW wife doesn't want to make God happy by her "endurance and long suffering". So I too,went along with the cult mindset. Bastard$

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Thanks Cedars, I'm really going to take my time on this as this is a very good article to show that the GB really is disconnected from the rest of the world, and how unimportant these "little problems" are to them. The number of baptisms apparently is much more important to them, than an individuals well being.

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

I'm so glad my JW grandma didn't listen to this mess and stay with my nonJW abusive grandfather. That article is outrageous. I think it's time to forward this article to the different media outlets. This could be more explosive than the mentally diseased scandal!

• stuckinamovement
    stuckinamovement

I have read this several times and I have to say it is pretty unbelievable. Share this article with advocates of Domestic violence prevention and you will get a guaranteed response.

These clowns are so out of touch it is amazing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit