"Feeling sorry for yourself" about being hit by your husband is not Christian 2/15/12 WT Page 25 P 12

by yourmomma 449 Replies latest watchtower bible

• ziddina
    ziddina

Another bump.

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

Thanks for the bump, the upcoming wt study along with meetings like this weeks TMS where the issue of headship is reinforced really should awaken some as to the position of the society on women....but unfortunately it will not.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

What's going on in this week's TMS?

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

Just a review of some of the stuff from the reasoning book on what makes a good marriage, of course looking at the headship items.....clean house, healthy meals etc...

• biometrics
    biometrics

So if I beat my wife, she should come crawling back and apologize with flowers on the off chance I'll convert to her cult in 17 years time.

In reality I should expect her coming back with a police officer and a court order.

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

Time to get this back out to the local agencies and news media, just wondering how one could get a network to look at something like this, maybe The View since one of them was a witness at one time?

• cedars
    cedars

22 days to go, BUMP!

If you haven't yet voted in our special mini-survey on this subject, please do.

JWsurvey.org also features a detailed appraisal of the offensive paragraph, and the underlying doctrinal issues.

Cedars

• wasblind
    wasblind

in answer to insearchoftruth,

" (5) Being industrious and dependable in caring for the family's dwelling place and clothing, also in preparing wholesome meals."_____Reasoning book page 254

Is specifically for the women, who may also hold down an 8 hour job like the husband

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

bttt, just over two weeks til the 'study' of this article (or should I say food at the proper time)

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Did anyone hear back on the letters we emailed to domestic violence shelters? I never heard anything from any of mine, and wonder if they had any impact at all.

NC

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit