Regarding Compent Use Of The Bible In Field Service. JWs or XJWs Only Please.

by AvocadoJake 16 Replies latest watchtower bible

• meni
    meni

I haven't memorised any scipture , I' a bit of a gump who notices things,In Australia today president Obama announced 2500 American soldiers will be stationed in Darwin, IMmediately putting offside Indonesia and China who has invested heavily in Australia and is dependent on our natural resources as well, In the Nortern Territory of Australia many Australians are aware of the Haarp Device stationed in Pine Gap which is constantly activated to our North , I have friends who live in Bali and complain of inordinate number of small earthquakes all the time,On tonights news a Political analyst who was probably an atheist (as is our Prime MInister) said it was as if America was engaging in a pushing with China in a simmilar vein to what is occurring in the middle east where they had invested heavily as well .He commented on Chinas negative response to Australia allowing this to occurr ,He said they had no option but to push back and used an expression they would now engage in a pushing from both sides while they speak smoothly to each other China and Indonesia were more forthright with Australia.I would say the KIng of tjhe North and the King of the South are entering a new phase of their farcade. Dan ch 11 v40 sorry for the scripture ,I didn't memorise it it just happened, it wasn't premeditated .Dan 12 v4

• the-illuminator81
    the-illuminator81

What is this bible you speak of? Please accept these two christian magazines.

• Ding
    Ding

It seems to me that many JWs today aren't interested in discussing the scriptures in the way JWs would in the past. Today's publishers seem to have their packaged WT sales presentation and leave if it doesn't work right away. If the householder puts up any sort of argument against WT interpretations, the JWs will simply leave and kick the dust off their feet.

Is this just my experience or do others here see that trend happening as well?

• Room 215
    Room 215

Ding, I agree entirely. The competence of the average JW to defend his/her beliefs with just the Bible in hand is at an all-tme low, and likely to get lower. As you say, they run for cover whenever a householder shows any semblance of ability to refute/contest any of their prepared statements.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

...and to be fair, this was always a pet peeve of mine before I was woken up. I would venture to say that the vast majority of Jehovah's Witnesses have never even read The Bible from cover-to-cover, or even The New Testament, let alone be 'skilled' at using it to convince anyone of anything.

That's why they published the Reasoning Book.

DOC

• xchange
    xchange

I'm really good at changing the oil and filling up the tires on my car. This doesn't make me a qualified mechanic. That's how I always viewed myself when using the bible in the old days. I could spout off certain scriptures and that was it. I even read the bible cover to cover but that still didn't make me competent. One time I met a university student who was majoring in theology - they absolutely maimed me with their bible knowledge. That was ok though because the discussion was just based on a book of myths and 'some' nice stories. :)

• AvocadoJake
    AvocadoJake

The youth don't have the drive to learn the Bible, the way the WTS wants them too. The simplification of the magazines into "Simple English." shorter articles, less meat, are a big red flag. Will the W.T.S. take up the style of "Reader Digest." fast, short reads, to those with no attention span? Try to pass out the old "Babylon The Great Book.", what would the householder say? Tracts are to much for many to read now, what to do with our rapid pace culture. It truly is a sad state of affairs, when kids can't qoute simple Bible verses we grew up on.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit