The general atheist meaning of life

by mankkeli 106 Replies latest watchtower bible

• ziddina
    ziddina

Holeeey crap....

ManKill, soft+gentle AND Twitty Oboyon!!!

A creationist TRIFECTA!!

• JonathanH
    JonathanH

So you're claiming your story is now, that you are finnish, went to a norwegian college, where you earned a PhD in something vague from a mysterious person, while never publishing anything, then mentored finnish evolutionary biologists, all while being a witness, becoming an elder, and leading a congregation while secretly arranging apostate get togethers across europe, while publishing various books that no one can find, while also acting as a spiritual guru to theologians and lay people, as well as teaching sociologists about cults and cult behaviors. Someone get this person banned, this is a serious forum for ex witnesses, trolls should not be allowed here and we shouldn't tolerate such.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I found "General Atheist's" hat:

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "If the purpose of life is simply to survive, then there's really no reason why I shouldn't lie, cheat and steal...." "If I have no fear of being killed, why shouldn't I kill you for disagreeing with me? ..." "Why shouldn't I kill other people, even if it brings me pleasure? Why shouldn't I steal more? ..." Mankill/Makkitup

Well, there you go....

That's the mental climate inside YOUR particular cranium...

Same old, same old...

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "My specialty is in Bedology ..." Makkitup

Not according to the ladies....!!

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

So you're claiming your story is now, that you are finnish, went to a norwegian college, where you earned a PhD in something vague from a mysterious person, while never publishing anything, then mentored finnish evolutionary biologists, all while being a witness, becoming an elder, and leading a congregation while secretly arranging apostate get togethers across europe, while publishing various books that no one can find, while also acting as a spiritual guru to theologians and lay people, as well as teaching sociologists about cults and cult behaviors.

LOVE IT!!

• sizemik
    sizemik
    The only way they could sustain a tribe from a lack of morality in desperate times is fear of a diety, or promise of a better life, which only comes from religion. . . . Mankelli

Sorry to have to point this out more than once . . . but this is complete and utter bullshit.

TD very kindly gave us an example on the "Spark of Evolution" thread . . .

Individual Capuchin monkeys for example, have been observed to scream an urgent warning of a predator when they suddenly discover food apart from the rest of the group. Why do they do this? Because they don't want to share the food. While the rest of the troupe is running for their lives because they took the false alarm seriously, the dishonest monkey is busy stuffing his or her face.
    In the case of the Capuchin monkey, this is a risky thing to do though, because if the subterfuge is discovered, the offender is liable to be killed. So the additional abstract concepts of acceptable social conduct and collective anger and retribution are also involved.

Capuchin monkeys have their own "morality" for collective survival . . . I've never seen a religious one however. Religion may well have developed in an effort to establish a higher authority. But morality is not a product or function of religion . . . the two are quite distinct and seperate phenomena. How else could thousands die in the name of a god who says "thou shalt not kill"?

Our natural moral development leaves us in no doubt that killing another human is wrong. Religion is often the mechanism which excuses it.

"Spiritual mentors" probably achieve more if they have a grasp on reality themselves first.

• bohm
    bohm

So you're claiming your story is now, that you are finnish, went to a norwegian college, where you earned a PhD in something vague from a mysterious person, while never publishing anything, then mentored finnish evolutionary biologists, all while being a witness, becoming an elder, and leading a congregation while secretly arranging apostate get togethers across europe, while publishing various books that no one can find, while also acting as a spiritual guru to theologians and lay people, as well as teaching sociologists about cults and cult behaviors. Someone get this person banned, this is a serious forum for ex witnesses, trolls should not be allowed here and we shouldn't tolerate such.

you forgot the bit about being on 27 internet forums!

what an accomplishment..

• charlie brown jr.
  • sizemik
    sizemik

bohm . . . you also forgot temporary CO and working part time at Bethel. Makes you wonder how he finds time for the basement.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit