GOP 2012 Race Is Down To Romney, Cain And Gingrich

by Bangalore 76 Replies latest jw friends

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Obama it is.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

So you have Catholics turning out for the Mormon, and Evangelicals turning out for the Catholics. What a world, what a world. LOL.

Actually, that is really funny.

You have a point about the independents, etc. But is Romney even going to be the nominee? Probably, but I never thought Santorum would come so far. I dismissed him---but he does prove that a portion of the Republican party is more extreme than any of us fully understood.

So Romney picks up the moderates and the independents---but what happens if he can't get the base excited? I am REALLY glad I am out for this---I could have missed it. It's been fascinating.

NC

• designs
    designs

You wonder in the General Election how strong the turnout will be among women voters for Santorum or the President. Hilary Clinton gave an impassion speech at the Women of the World Summit.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Well Republican women that voted in the primaries really supported the guy---even working women. But no, not in a general. I tend to think that conservative women may also be socially conservative, but moderates, independents, etc won't go for that.

NC

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety
    So Romney picks up the moderates and the independents---but what happens if he can't get the base excited? I am REALLY glad I am out for this---I could have missed it. It's been fascinating.

In the case of a Romney nom there will be a VP pick to excite the base. And, when it comes down to it, the base will turn out against BHO.

Thing with Romney is that he hasn't been running like a primary candidate. He's been running for the general from day one. This hurts him in the primaries with the base, but it should help him in the general.

And there's no way the Republican nominee will lose Alabama and Mississippi.

That said, a brokered convention looks increasingly likely. You know who this helps?

http://www.ronpaul2012.com/

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

ogod

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety
    ogod

America needs a Black Swan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_N4Tql8YHn0

....somewhere in Tampa this August, a man emerges from a smoke filled room..........

• james_woods
    james_woods

I am not ready to make a firm prediction yet, but wouldn't this be a very possible scenario:

Nominee is Romney - he picks either Marco Rubio or Rand Paul as VP. Obama wins the election.

And Marco Rubio is the 2016 nominee - and is unbeatable.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Sounds plausible possible, JW.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

....somewhere in Tampa this August, a man emerges from a smoke filled room..........

LOL---love it. Drama is always good. Did anyone see John Lithgow read Newt's epic press release?

http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-report-videos/387033/may-19-2011/john-lithgow-performs-gingrich-press-release

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit