The Reach Out WT Article, I don't know whether to scream or to laugh

by Quarterback 15 Replies latest jw friends

• clearpoison
    clearpoison

I must have been real pagan as I never ever wanted to be anything like MS or Elder in congregation.

CP

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I have yet to see this ORG recognize such men for their years of dedication, service, sacrifices, hard work throughout many years. It's like the field service rule....so you did that much last month, what are you doing now? Forget the past, it didn't happen.

Kinda contrary to Hebrews 6:10, eh?

DOC

• i_drank_the_wine
    i_drank_the_wine

The dudes that are the young MS's and elders right now are all the guys that were dumb enough to get in trouble growing up and then dumb enough after growing up to stay inside the organization. If I was ever to get a lobotomy and somehow go back to that braindead state I would have so much dirt on all of them. Premarital sex, cheating on the wife, vandalism, drug use, and more! Yes, the new-age MS, elders, and anointed here on Long Island are the cream of the crop baby!

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

Hey, thanks buddies.

Enjoyed your feed back on this one.

QB

• moshe
    moshe

They Co's hounded me for a few years to come back to the elder club, but I never did. Three years was enough for me. I was lousy with the hatchet.

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

Thinking about your account, WT Wizard. Made me think about being assigned to taking out the FS group on days that no one normal would go out.

I remember this one...it was early morning, New Year's day. The forcast and weather was severe. We had this elderly brother that never went out.

But, for some crazy reason, and it must have been freezing down in Hell at that time, and the Blue moon was probably in that sky, wouldn't you know it? He showed up. Frickin New Years day, in the Frickin cold snow, unshovelled everywhere, people everwhere hung over, and too sleepy to wake up at that time in the morning. Guess who had to take this guy? Your right...it was me. (but, it didn't count, it never happened)

I found out later that at the Elder's home where I was at for the arrangement, the Elder and Wife were chuckling at the poor sap that had that assignment. That's one experience that I laugh at right now, but it was a painful, and unthankful job like many other tasks that have come and gone unappreciated. I think from that time on, the arrangement was cancelled for that holiday, and I was surprised that the CO never called us up on that decision.

But, what's wrong with me? Wasn't it an honor to do this? Why wouldn't I want to do this again? Why wouldn't I want to serve and reach out for this fine office?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit