Playing the old tapes

by rebel8 7 Replies latest jw friends

• rebel8
    rebel8

I was just watching a movie and it had a prison scene with a rat. My automatic thought was, "Oh, I hope there aren't rats when I'm in prison."

LOL!!! I grew up believing I was going to definitely be in prison during the GT.

• Dagney
    Dagney

I KNOW!!!!!!

It's crazy!!! I was supposed to eat my cooked carrots because "what if that is the only thing they serve you to eat during the 'persecution' TM?" I mean do other kids grow up expecting to be put in prison? (screwed the font up)

Nuckin futs.

• i_drank_the_wine
    i_drank_the_wine

Being a little kid and having to leave the classroom for every holiday activity, not allowed to have normal non-JW friends, being an outcast among your peers... yeah being raised as a JW you totally have the persection/victim mindset burned into your brainwashed head growing up. Crazy!

• rebel8
    rebel8

Cooked carrots are torture (unless they're roasted, which is a treat).

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

Yeah I had the same used on me, pumpkin I hated it, not so bad now tho, I was told that it probably be the only thing for us to eat in the GT, so get used to it

the jws where I grew up (New Plymouth, New Zealand) they were always on about getting to the Egmont National Park during the GT & hiding in the bush, so lame, they would have been found in a matter of a day or 2

fsp

• Dagney
    Dagney

LOL @ rebel. I totally agree...they are torture...at least they were for me as a kid. I guess my "persecution" (TM) came early...in many ways.

• Ding
    Ding

It's amazing how the WT gets JWs to think the world is just waiting to persecute them when all the world really wants to do is ignore them.

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

Funny, my spouse and I were just talking about this very thing yesterday. We were little kids before the 1975 hoopla. Everyone was saying that we would all be in prisons, families separated, tortured, starved. It was very, very traumatic for me, and I think it was this constant state of fear that gave me OCD and anxiety and panic episodes. And they say the concept of burning in hell is bad.

CJ

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit