Is there any way around this? (Preaching when you don't believe)

by venusinfauxfurs 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

This might help, place bibles at the doors, free of charge, don't bother asking for doantions. Maybe this is as close to doing bible work in jw service as it gets, You received free, give free :)

• fresia
    fresia

Stick to what you do believe (unless you don't believe in God anymore, then just quit) speak of Jesus parables, sermon on the mount, if you believe in the kingdom still, speak of the freedom and justice the kingdom will bring, end of suffering etc

If the issue of 1914 arises, usually say this is what the society or WT teaches at present. Try to avoid bible studies.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent
    venusinfauxfurs - The witnesses aren't right but neither are the Mormons, the catholics, etc and i have other family devoted to both those faiths.

Welcome ((((((((((venusinfauxfurs))))))). What information are you using to evaluate those other religions? Is it WTBTS propaganda, or have you actually attended services at other churches? If you do not believe that the WTBTS knows the truth, why would you continue to believe WTBTS propanganda about other religions? I don't believe that the Mormons are Christians and I know that Jews and Muslims are not Christians, but I do believe that Catholics, Baptists, Lutherans, Episcopalians, Anglicans, and Protestants are more Christian than JWs.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• venusinfauxfurs
    venusinfauxfurs

Thank you for all the advice, everyone. I'm all confused and afraid to leave friends and family and maybe even angry at God for allowing people to be misled by the WBTS so badly. It almost made me stop believing in God. The witnesses have been good to me. I know people have bad experiences but the org stopped me from making bad choices and was what made me believe in God again and pray, when I had stopped, and offers wholesome association that i really value. My family and friends that are in 110% believe in it and they're good people, and it breaks my heart to hear them talk about "hoping they've done enough come Armageddon." when I know thats not what the Bible teaches.

My current fears is that I've rejected Jesus by associating with JW's and that he wont forgive me. I don't believe in the Jw Jesus, i believe in the Jesus of the Bible. I believe he's God and salvation is through him and him alone. If Jesus can read my heart, and I can preach the right gospel, am I comdemned?

I know i haven't stopped believing in God because i wouldn't have this guilty conscience that I'm in a wrong religion.

I know of other people who have figured out the religion that they thought was truth turned out just to be a safe, hiding place from a world they fear for whatever reason. Does it really matter what church someone belongs to if they pray, have faith, speak of Jesus, and don't believe all the doctrines? Does it matter where someone finds God?

To the person that asked me, I believe other religions are false through my own research. This has really driven me insane. Panic attacks are no surprise at this point. I've gone through everything from which Bible is real, to which religion teaches truth and feel like none of them do.

My other question is, since I'm only an unbaptized publisher, can i walk away any time or will i be shunned? The process for breaking away when you're not dunked is easier, or not? I have to stay for the time being because its better the devil I know for now. And if i have to be going door to door, I want to direct people towards the bible and Jesus. I'm just so worried and even losing sleep over disappointing God and i feel like this is how Satan is attacking me. I keep thinking of the scripture only people who know something is wrong are accountable for sin and that just makes me want to be blind like the rest of the org who believe this stuff, still. THIS SUCKS! Sorry, but i had to say that. As i said, i don't hate the JW lifestyle. I even have a friend in who i suspect has read things because she said "Even if it's not the truth, it's been a good life for me."

Is there any harm in staying an unbaptized publisher until i'm in a better position to leave? and in the meantime, preach only what i believe? I know i'm screwed once i make a full commitment and i want to avoid that for as long as possible. How long can i stay unbaptized?

• iCeltic
    iCeltic

Just leave and give absolutely no explaination if asked.

It makes me absolutely sick to my stomach when I see the fear in people (like the OP) I know, I've had and still have that fear, having been a baptized witness, I've never known it in an unbaptized pub.

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

Read chapter 7 of Ray Franz' book In Search of Christian Freedom. Even the witnesses idea of a door to door consecutive visitation at homes of complete strangers is completely flawed.

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

"My other question is, since I'm only an unbaptized publisher, can i walk away any time or will i be shunned?"

Yes....you can walk away....but it won't be as simple as it sounds. If you walk away and simply say "I'm done".....and nothing more....you'll be fine. If you admit to the elders that you don't believe what they teach and that the entire organization is man made......you'll be black listed. You cannot be DF'd because you were never baptized.....but they can "mark" you as "bad association". You won't be shunned....but no one will hang out with you either.

• Butterflyleia85
    Butterflyleia85

The Jehovah Witness are good people. My sister is a pioneer and a wonderful person.

But they are a tool used by the Governing Body that translate the scriptures for them in to an extreme extent. We have free will and freedom of choice, when there is a leader among you that takes that right from you out of fear and manipulation it’s wrong. God gave use the Bible to grow in his image not the Governing Body’s.

Don’t be afraid of rejection of Jesus! He has welcomed ones to learn and has felt pity for many all sorts of people… even though JW’s have manipulation in their literature, they still use the Bible and that my friend is the key of getting you out!!

You will just be labeled spiritually weak… if you quit you will find that your friends won’t invite you to hang out with them as much and maybe approached by the “spiritually strong” pioneers about how things are going and maybe even the elders. For my mom though over time they quiet coming over or be your friend. They will only welcome you at the hall and say “Nice to see you again?!” “It’s so encouraging to see you here!” Love bombing…

Staying a JW and showing their literature to others is like a witness in itself. You want to move people to read the Bible rather than the propaganda. And you might want to reconsider saying you studied all other beliefs this process takes time and yes God is Patient!! And very forgiving… your humble concern shows that you are sincere.

Yes no harm is done when you leave in a better position if you keep your doubts to yourself or at least watch how you word your doubts… these doubts can cause concern to the other in that you could be seen as a Stumble to the others in the Hall. Just remember there is no time though that will be better when God sees you getting out of false religion.

God wanted us to preach not of his kingdom but about Him… his loving kindness his willingness to forgive… about grace. As far as the Doctrines go I would hold out until you are fully convinced what the “truth” is!!

• Most Noble
    Most Noble

The less you do in the door-to-door recruiting work, the easier it is to play the hypocrite card.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Doing street work a few hours a month is a way to get by, at least in my area (Florida). You go to the shopping center (a glorified strip mall) early one Saturday before most stores are even open and walk around the parking lot with a few others who are about as interested as you are. You talk, shoot the breeze, hand out a few tracts and get a couple of hours in.

By counting drive time and rounding upward, it is pretty easy to get 3 hours of field service time without a lot of stress.

Rub a Dub

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit